Release It's Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
fusion_power said:
You are right when you say, that the Boot Time doesen't matter if the Pandora acts like the PDAs Powersave actions. (Devices are even "on" internal when you turn them actualy off) Problem is, onto the Pandora, things like suspend mode simply don't work and notaz sayed its possible that these things never can work fully (AFAIK).

True suspend may not be supported for some time, but I believe this involves getting everything into a suitable state, then switching off everything, leaving only enough power to maintain RAM. This is not the same as a standby/powersave mode as you see on PDAs and smartphones; the device is actually turned off, and using a trickle of power to maintain state for fast switch-on.

I don't actually want to use full suspend (though having the option would be nice), I just want a good standby. In suspend mode, you won't be able to use alarms or notifications of any sort, because the processor won't be running at all. Low power standby should also resume even faster than suspend.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
EDIT: Also, I haven't seen an NDS bootup an X-Server with a full desktop. Getting rid of the X-Server and optimizing the Pandora, you could get the system to boot within seconds. However, there are so many good X-Apps you'd probably miss (FreeCiv, Internet Browser, Battle for Wesnoth, etc.)

Could there possibly be some sort of boot menu in the final build which has the option of booting the X-Server or just booting into a game or whatever?

Great!
fsjal_will_grab_his_stuff.png

Hey, Im new on the forum section I have been here many many times but without account..
Anyways I have been waited Pandora about year now but I haven't placed pre-order yet. So if I order it in this or next week is there any chances that I can get it before February 2010?

Thanks in advance

rikuumi said:
Hey, Im new on the forum section I have been here many many times but without account..
Anyways I have been waited Pandora about year now but I haven't placed pre-order yet. So if I order it in this or next week is there any chances that I can get it before February 2010?

Thanks in advance
Send an email to openpandorasales (at) gmail and ask if you can still get in :) You might get lucky.

There may be a few left, so email them at openpandorasales@gmail.com!
If all goes as planned the first 1000 will ship in December and the rest in January, so if you preordered now January would be likely. Of course, if something happens to push it back a bit, the last few might get out early February. Good luck!

EDIT: :ph34r:'d :p

Anyone know how many batches they will make? Because I really do NOT wanna miss Pandora..

Edit: Okay I sent email to them and asked if I could get in pre-order line

So is the official price 330$? Pandora team really haven't announced price.. I just saw it here : http://gbax.com/pandoraxxx.html

Yea but how you pre-order if you don't even know the price? Because you must pay first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back