It's the Final Countdown - ED's Queue Cleared - OP GmbH have 0 outstanding pre orders!

Sorry for asking this, I think this was told allready in the boards, but I found different numbers.

2700€ are needed to fullfil 10 predorders.

The production price of a Ghz Pandora is 375€ (incl. RMA money and VAT)

Did I get the numbers wrong? Is the production of a rebirth cheaper since the needed parts were allready bought? How much profit can you make from a sale of a classic, a rebirth and a Ghz Pandora?

My guesses:

Classic Pandora: 235€ (excl. Vat) - 12€ (Battery) - 110€ (Case+LCD) - 13€ (RMA / a coffee for Askaru) = 100€ profit

1 Ghz Pandora: 436 (excl. Vat) - 375€ = 61€ profit.

Rebirth: ???€

I see that my calculations in the half cross upgrade thread were totally wrong (forgot to excl Vat on Ghz Pandora), sorry. Maybe I am wrong here again. It is ok for you to keep profit and finance stuff secret, I am realy too curious. But I realy like to think about the preorder situation and think about ideas how to improve it. And for this informations are useful :p .

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to help speed up the countdown then please consider donating to the 'Help ED speed up the supply of Pre Ordered Pandoras Fund' Explanation on old website here.
The direct-to-paypal link in the first post does not work.

I donated another 20 EUR, it's not much but our budget is a bit tight at the moment!

Paying rent, car loan, holiday loan, traffic fine, bills, credit-card ... indie bundles and steam games :)

wife watching the bank balance ...

It must be time for a raise, I'll ask my boss.
Hmmmm...when I ask MY boss for a raise, I get it.

Then again, I AM my boss, lol

I only ask when there is actually money in the company to grant it, lol.

Seriously, I will try to donate something, but I am trying very hard to save up the down payment for my new house in North Carolina.

I HAVE to have it together and a done deal before my mom's house gets foreclosed on, so she has somewhere to go!

By the way, why are all the donations shown in EUR?  If I donate, it will be American Dollars.

Well, by the time they arrive at EDs bank account, they will have turned into Euros... :D

Cheers Dredd updated the OP.

@ Sony : I'm sure that's 80's ED on lead Guitar, I think we should be told ;)

Is ED keeping some of this money for himself? Surely he is... but as the Wu Tang told us. Protect ya neck.

There is money exchanging hands all over the place, there are multiple queues and companies. plus he needs to pay himself a little for his time for sure.

If you want to help speed up the countdown then please consider donating to the 'Help ED speed up the supply of Pre Ordered Pandoras Fund' Explanation on old website here.

I donated another 20 EUR, it's not much but our budget is a bit tight at the moment!

Paying rent, car loan, holiday loan, traffic fine, bills, credit-card ... indie bundles and steam games :)

wife watching the bank balance ...

It must be time for a raise, I'll ask my boss.
Hmmmm...when I ask MY boss for a raise, I get it.

Then again, I AM my boss, lol

I only ask when there is actually money in the company to grant it, lol.

Seriously, I will try to donate something, but I am trying very hard to save up the down payment for my new house in North Carolina.

I HAVE to have it together and a done deal before my mom's house gets foreclosed on, so she has somewhere to go!

By the way, why are all the donations shown in EUR?  If I donate, it will be American Dollars.
Well I donate in £££s - they just get converted into €€€s.

Is ED keeping some of this money for himself? Surely he is...
The donation money?  I don't think so!  Unless more evil than supposed...

I don't think he even sees any money from selling Pandoras yet.

Has a day job.

Is ED keeping some of this money for himself? Surely he is...
The donation money?  I don't think so!  Unless more evil than supposed...

I don't think he even sees any money from selling Pandoras yet.

Has a day job.
My wording is a little wrong. I'd always assumed he took some money from the actual sales of the units from his store.... but donations should be pretty dedicated to the preorders.

Even that is not the case I think.
He said, that even profits from other stuff sold in his shop go to clear the Pandoramess these days.

How about doing the next donation goal to 2000 EUR with the objective of giving a 50EUR discount to the first 40 cross-upgrades?

Then we can switch back to 2700 EUR for outright Classic queue fulfillment just like this goal we just met.

By alternating the two programs I think we could maximize the impact that the donations have.
A great idea to sponsor the cross-upgrades. So we can choose to support either now? Cool.

How / where do we choose which goal to support, when donating? Or just say in a comment?

Where are these goals written?
On the board's home page - far right column.

http://boards.openpandora.org/

The two goals are two separate donation buckets/links.  They are clearly titled as to their purpose.

They're only one sentence each - no need to over complicate it.

Great news, closer to finally making a profit on this I hope.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Well, we can REALLY celebrate when the other queue is cleared and everyone has gotten their Pandy.
Quite right, I limited myself to just a couple of good measures of Scotland's finest, hic :)

Back