It's yummy. But you can't eat it!

So that Atom x5 has four times more integration (you have to compare square or those numbers because it is a suface with 2 dimensions).
You should be careful not to oversimplify when throwing in technology nodes, these values only describe the ability of the lithography technique used and only have an indirect connection to the actual circuit elements that they form - and a rather small influence on the overall power efficiency by themselves. There are tons of other aspects aside from the basic architectural design that influence such things - even the manufacturing process itself has a large impact on the efficiency, because it has a huge influence on the electrical properties of the transistors. We have long reached the point where whole transistors can't shrink any further, nowadays people are looking for ways to pack and construct them better instead.

Could you please forget about the GPD Loose please.
We have the Dragonbox Victory.

And give more attention to this MJ Tablet.
This one is a real great piece of hardware and can work together nicely with the Pyra.

Are you out of your mind Askarus??
Pyra has already been beat by Smach Z ...ops... GPD WIN before it comes out lol lol lol lol

hehe sorry I could not hold myself ;P , and yep, that tablet is starting to look very interesting!

4gb Ram???
My Thinkpad have 4gb Ram and 2 × 2,3 ghz Dualcore...
So confirmed: the Pyra is going to bee the best Computer in my Ownership ???
This still can be awesome..

Its not that far from the 4gb on my thinkpad as the 256 mb from the Pandora, and my Pandora dit a great job even whit only this less ram, so the Pyra will sure be the better computer...

Most people's ARM devices (phones) already ship with far more RAM than they're ever likely to need.

2GB RAM on an ARM platform running Linux is actually quite a bit of RAM.

The bigger difference, IMHO, is DDR vs LPDDR. 2GB DDR vs 4GB LPDDR power usage may not be all that different.

Long time lurker. Just wanted to say that it looks like everything is coming along great with the Pyra.

I cant wait to play some Duke Nukem 3D on my Pyra when I get my hands on one.

Reactions: rSl
My god the fanboys of the last couple pages is too much to handle. Quite the performance guys. Bravo.

Circle jerking isn't going to make the GPD go away, and seems ineffective in persuading people away from liking it, it just makes you look like fanboys and it appears to be getting worse and worse each day that passes. How about you guys like the pyra for what it's good at, accept there is something else that some other people are going to like, and no they aren't idiots. Then in a couple years where the upgrade ability will be relevant, you will reap the benefits of a possibly cheaper and faster successor/alternative when they are looking and/or waiting on their entire replacement system.

My god the fanboys of the last couple pages is too much to handle. Quite the performance guys. Bravo.

Circle jerking isn't going to make the GPD go away, and seems ineffective in persuading people away from liking it, it just makes you look like fanboys and it appears to be getting worse and worse each day that passes. How about you guys like the pyra for what it's good at, accept there is something else that some other people are going to like, and no they aren't idiots. Then in a couple years where the upgrade ability will be relevant, you will reap the benefits of a possibly cheaper and faster successor/alternative when they are looking for their entire replacement system.
Really!? I wouldn't have minded if you posted this in offtopic in the GPD thread, but you posted it in an actual Pyra discussion, where you know us fanboys are talking about the actual device this forum is meant for.

SNESFAN has a point though, why is everyone so defensive and talking about the WIN in a thread that's about ED's Pyra prototype.

Forget being defensive about the WIN, and lets get back on topic. A topic which really should be exciting enough to maintain focus on it

We have a working protoype for the Pyra folks. That's plenty to talk about.

GPD win may sell for less than 500 but they have not officially said that I believe- 300 is the indiegogo price.
Until we hear otherwise the price is basically 500-

Pyra is more expensive and gpd win is its nearest rival but how long will it be before the gpd win get's released?

How long before the Pyra get's released?
Gpd win is still just a series of renders until we see otherwise.

I'm confident that when Ed has a better prototype to show it will speak for itself.

I'm wanting a Pyra for a variety of reasons- the community support and software being a big one.

It's all a little too early to reliably compare either console I think. Prototype versus prototype then we have a fight...

What are you talking about, he did his job by stopping me from derailing the conversation. I consider the problem solved, don't you?
Like it's so often the case here, the conversation is all over the place, split across several threads. This means that it is pretty likely that the conversations are going to keep getting derailed, until the next official news thread is published. At least, it makes it difficult for visitors to follow topics, and to reference (and/or find) these conversations some time down the line. And then some.

On the other hand, were the topics neatly organized, then there probably wouldn't even have been any need to "stop" you here.

Hence, what Klumpen just requested would still be a smrt moderation move to do, I think. There might be a good chance that it would save everyone some (metaphorical?) headaches to come.

Hence, what Klumpen just requested would still be a smrt moderation move to do, I think. There might be a good chance that it would save everyone some (metaphorical?) headaches to come.
Well it's in the evening where I am now, I don't have the energy to do a massive merging. Perhaps another mod can do it, otherwise I can tomorrow.

Back