I've broken Minimenu

Dan Pora

Still Fresh
Whilst playing around with Minimenu configuration I hid all the tabs. Thought I'd start with a clean tab and add what I wanted.

Anyway, now when I try to use Minimenu, it sits there trying to open the tabs (that are now all hidden) and continuously loops. So the only thing it responds to is a hard reset. Fortunately it boots in to the XFCE desktop.

Is there a way to default the Minimenu configuration?

By the way I've installed Hotfix 5 2011-03 from the OpenPandora website. I'm assuming that if it's available under Official Updates and Firmware it's not a beta version (think I read that somewhere).

Minimenu should work fine with no tabs showing; at least, it normalyl works fine in that way with a nice blank screen, but I dunno if I tried it on the very latest build, so I will have to try to make sure :)

All of minimenus config changes are in ~/.mm* files .. ie: ~/.mmprefs.conf or something like that for the main one. (That being a file in your homedir on nand, since your SDs come and go it has to be on nand.) They start with '.' so are normally 'hidden', but I think Thunar can be tricked into showing them. From the command line you can see and remove them.

Minimenu has a 'reset to default' operation of its own, but evidently you can't get to that.

I should add a 'hold <key> while booting' to reset it, for stuff like this that shoudl never occur, but someone always finds a way :)

jeff

Thanks Jeff. Problem fixed.

Yeah, if it can be broken, I can break it ;) . All part of the exciting learning curve of Pandora ownership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back