I've Noticed A Flaw In The Gp2x Design.

Gaterooze kinda said it but I wanted to say I agree anyway :p, imho the top is the only sensible place to put the headphones. You don't want them on the side because that'd be really awkward while playing, and if it's on the bottom it makes it a lot harder to make it stand up against something (which to me seems the best way to watch a movie on the thing)

Here is my crappy drawing of a way to work this out. ;)
gp2x1sl.gif

See you put the wires 'under'!

Hey. its probably an improvement. On the GP32, the headphone jack gets in the way of my huge left thumb and I have to cramp up my palm.

Another solution is to cancel your order and to write a ton of mails to GPH engineers :)

Another solution is to cancel your order and to write a ton of mails to GPH engineers :)
Oh, I'm sure they'd love you for that. :)

To be honest, I don't care where they put the headphone port. They could shove it on the top of the console for all I care. I hardly use headphones anyway.

And who needs headphones when you have TV OUT? :D
(Not being serious there, before anyone jumps at me with "it's a portable console, stupid")

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe, just maybe.. they are planning some sort of speaker/etc addon which plugs into the headphone jack, but considering it would fall out if the headphone jack was at the bottom due to something called gravity, they did decide to put it at the top! Just thinking out loud.

Back