I've Only Got Sd Cards To Play With

shawnh

Still Fresh
Today is a frustrating day. I was expecting my gp2x to arrive and when I got home I saw a parcel and got all excited. I ripped it open and low and behold, it was my SD cards and card reader. No gp2x yet. :(

So now I have 3 2GB SD cards to fill in preparation. I already have one card filled with this lot:

Emus
--------
Amiga
Atari Lynx
Game Boy
Mame
Neo Geo
NES
SNES
PCEngine
Megadrive

Games
----------
Another World
Beat2x
Beats Of Rage
CDogs
Commander Keen
Crimson Fields
Deal Or No Deal
Doom
Duke 3d
Frozen Bubble
Gorilaz
Hexen
Jazz Jackrabbit
Methane Bros
Noiz2sa
Powermanga
Quake
Rick Dangerous
Rise Of The Triad
Day Of The Tenticle
Monkey Island
Sam and Max

:lol: I can't wait to sink my teeth into them. Some of you may recognise this 'pack' ;)

So, is there anything blatantly obvious I am lacking?

What are the best homebrew games available?

I was thinking one 2GB card could be for media, what are the best media apps I can stick on there?

Thanks for your time!

you might want to grab the CPS2 emulator too, it's got some brilliant Arcade game support, like Street Fighter Alpha 3.

My fav homebrew has always been Lady Killer, but it's adult orientated so may not be your thing.

Where did you get 'Another World'? I though it was only available on emus.

Mega CD using the latest version of Notaz's Pico Drive, GameBoy Advance using the latest version of Exophase's Gpsp, MSX using yesterday's release by zx-81, that is for emulators.
X11 for PDF reading, Carig Amp 3.0 for MP3s, Tile Match (be careful, if you got hooked here you will never be cured ;) ) .
I advice you to try searching for new versions for all the emulators that came in that pack that I never heard of before and which I am sure that is not so old ;)
Welcome to the club :)

imhotep said:
Where did you get 'Another World'? I though it was only available on emus.
There's a port of it called raw, go check the file archive :)

Last edited by a moderator:
sensible GP32 said:
supertux is good.
I don't think so, it's too unoriginal and boring, it's the same all the way.

Miika said:
sensible GP32 said:
supertux is good.
I don't think so, it's too unoriginal and boring, it's the same all the way.

You're absolutely right, not like Metal Slug or Super Mario World, just to name a few great freeware titles that are also playable on the GP2X <_<

Thanks for the replies chaps, i think i've got all the emus and interpretors updated now. GP2X will be here tomorrow!

Back