Java.pnd wont install java, just remove it

rohezal

Advanced Member
I downloaded the java.pnd from the repo when it was broken. It said it was not a valid pnd file. Now I downloaded it again 2 times (with Pandora and on a linux pc) and launched it (pnd_run and pndmanager). It allways says java is allready installed, want to delete java from /usr/bin and says then "java ist not installed abort". I can't just install java just try to remove a non existent java. There is no java file in /usr/bin does someone know how to delete the remaining files so I can do a fresh install? I need the vnc viewer^^

Huh? There is no "java is not installed" warning in any of the scripts, and certainly not the install: it asks if you want to overwrite the existing version, and then simply does a copy; there's no further checks or alerts. I have no idea what you might actually be running. :(

Is this the first time you've tried installing it? Perhaps there's some weirdness going on in your appdata directory. Try deleting appdata/java just to be sure.

In the Emergency when the Error not be found,just Reflash your Pandora.

Reflashing is very Easy :)
Thats what i make when i have unexpected Errors :D

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

Hmm ok I will do it. My data save games and notices are safe on the sd card, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct.. the only thing that would need to be reinstalled is the community codec pack and/or timidy pnd if you had those installed.

Used cd to get into the /mnt/utmp folder and started the install from there. It worked :) .

Back