JavaME applications / Pre-Android games / PSPKVM

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/7wlbpz/ppsspp_with_pspkvm_running_100_older_mobile_games/

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-emulators-so-i-put-an-emulator-in-your-emulator-so-you-can-emulate-while-yo.jpg

Well, is there a way to make that work natively without double emulation or is it possible to make some kind of trimmed down PPSSPP/PSPKVM package?

Last edited:

yo-dawg-i-heard-you-like-emulators-so-i-put-an-emulator-in-your-emulator-so-you-can-emulate-while-yo.jpg

Well, is there a way to make that work natively without double emulation or is it possible to make some kind of trimmed down PPSSPP/PSPKVM package?

There is the Kemulator which I heard is good but it is closed source. Microemulator is open source and Java based but it is not compatible with the j2me 3D API. I have seen the new J2ME loader emulator but I do not know the state of it

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Oh, he wants to run Java apps like you used to run on your pre-iphone feature-phone on the Pyra?

That's something at least, I guess.
In case the auto-embedding was the problem, I managed to deactivate it for the reddit link.
I wish auto-embedding wouldn't be a thing here and I wouldn't have to edit Reddit, Twitter etc... links to not make it do that by default.

Yes, thanks that has clarified things somewhat. Digging through javame on wikipedia, I've found this implementation of it: https://github.com/kifferltd/open-mika

No idea how suitable it is for running various games. That reddit page has a comment currently at the bottom which contains a screengrab of various windows emulators, but I don't know if any of these are open source. I wouldn't class this as double emulation by the way; java is a runtime not an emulator, and it's just running java under an emulated PSP, but it might be more efficient to be able to run java ME apps natively on the Pyra.

Edit: Actually three of those javaME runtimes on Windows appear to be running as JavaSE apps, and if you can pull the classfiles out of them you can probably run them on openjdk or something on Pyra just fine.

Yes, thanks that has clarified things somewhat. Digging through javame on wikipedia, I've found this implementation of it: https://github.com/kifferltd/open-mika

No idea how suitable it is for running various games. That reddit page has a comment currently at the bottom which contains a screengrab of various windows emulators, but I don't know if any of these are open source. I wouldn't class this as double emulation by the way; java is a runtime not an emulator, and it's just running java under an emulated PSP, but it might be more efficient to be able to run java ME apps natively on the Pyra.

Edit: Actually three of those javaME runtimes on Windows appear to be running as JavaSE apps, and if you can pull the classfiles out of them you can probably run them on openjdk or something on Pyra just fine.
upload_2018-2-12_16-56-32.png

I never even noticed, but I think you're right!

Back