Joypad Support

washo

Washo 4 evr
Website
Visit site
Hi all,
I've just finished building my 1st USB host cable and I was wondering if it would be possible to add a joypad support to open source emulators (DrMD, SNES, ...)
It could be wonderfull to add the possibility to have 2 players on the same handheld:
the 1st one using the GP2X and the other one using a joypad
That would allow playing Mario kart, KOF, Metal slug....
Another option would be to make a multi joypad support so we would find in emulators that
1st option: 1player playing with GP2X
2nd option: 1player using joypad (useful with TV out for eg)
3rd option: 2players using GP2x and joypad
4th option: 2players using 2 joypads (with a BoB or a USB Hub)

What do you think?

see you :lol:

I agree with you. I think it would be a great addition. I also think that for TV-out purposes supporting a USB joypad is great.

I did try to write a USB joywrapper util. Unfortunately I don't have the required knowledge to finish it.
I posted my source in the Dev section of the board for anyone to continue (or restart). My intention was to create this wrapper program so that ANY program could be operated by a USB joypad...

I did a library so anyone could add USB Joystick support to his games/emulators/applications...

Beat2X make use of it, MAME will use it probably on next release...

It's quite simple to implement using my library, now it's a decission of each coder...

Puck2099 posted on Sep 15 2006 at 06:35 PM said:
I did a library so anyone could add USB Joystick support to his games/emulators/applications...

Beat2X make use of it, MAME will use it probably on next release...

It's quite simple to implement using my library, now it's a decission of each coder...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I repeat ...

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
-----
Where???

P.S.
You are really good man!!

XaMMaX90 posted on Sep 16 2006 at 02:08 AM said:
-----
Where???

P.S.
You are really good man!!

It's a coding library. Meaning people will have to code it into the programs/games/emulators.

However, the reason this was made is because something like this was needed, and now it can be added to programs with the added library instead of figuring out how to do it...

Therefore, when a/the BOB becomes popular, we might see a jump in support of the number of programs that support joysticks...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread is starting to start...
In fact Im waiting for a reason to buy a BoB
I already have some gamepads, and probably I will try thoses micro USB game pads I was talking about on another thread
I heard about abour your lib, but I cant get it to work. My USB cable is OK (my mouse is working) but no joystick now :'(
Would it be easy to add multi support (like 1 player on GP2x and the other on joypad?

see you :lol:

i've used Puck2099's usbjoy library to add usb joystick support for mame 2.7 and GP2Xpectrum 1.3b2

i'll hopefully add usb joy support to some other emulators soon :)

Back