Just A Little Encouragement/thanks

miseryguts1969

Still Fresh
Much obliged for the update ED,

I must admit to having contributed a fair amout of negativity to the boards, mostly concerning the perceived lack of information (had to get a prisoner reference in somehow!) but now the penny has finally dropped and i have
come to realise that delays generally speaking mean better/less problem units for those still waiting it certainly helps mitigate the delay (at least for me)

I would also like to take this opportunity to congratulate you guys on your achievements, i am full of admiration for what has been accomplished so far (units i have seen on You Tube look incredible) and can only improve with time.

Many thanks for the concept, seeing it through this far, and most importantly taking me back 30 years to that magical place! (i can't see my excitement diminishing between now and receiving my unit)
Keep on keeping on guys - you will get there & so inevitably will we, and the world will become just that little bit brighter.

In the words of the eminent bard Allan Clarke: "The road is long, with many a winding turn"

Thanks for listening.

I'm not one for waiting patiently, but this has been a different experience for me. If we'd been given a date of release and then left in the dark for 18 months I would have gone crazy, but I'm more than happy with the frequency of updates we've had, and I'm really happy with the way that the team are handling and fixing problems.

I'm actually glad that I'm not one of the initial receivers, because I know that I will now be getting a much more robust Pandora, both in terms of hardware and software.

I think that the current bad blood on the boards is due to a large splat of people getting their units, and then there being a break in production (I mean full scale production). It would be maddening to know that, after all this time, you are so very close to finally getting your unit and then all of a sudden production slows down AGAIN. Couple that with people reporting faults and you've got a frustration and paranoia stew.

Then we have the team, busting their asses to feed us, starting to lose their temper (even ED's zen forcefield got popped a couple of times) because some members step forward and decide that they could have done a much better job and "... here's how you should be doing it" which you just wouldn't want to hear, it's the equivalent of your other half watching you trying to fix a drawer, stabbing yourself with a screwdriver then dropping it on your foot and swearing, and they chime in with "I would hold that bit there and screw from the other side" or "you should get your dad in, he's much better at this stuff".
I know for a fact that if this was me and I had got this crazy project this far, popped a bollock doing it, and then a load of guys started whinging at me and threatening me with cancellations unless their demands were met, I would have told them all to get stuffed and binned the whole thing in a wild rage.

I have tremendous respect for the guys for what they are doing, what they have done, and what I perceive to be super human levels of patience with us plebs.

Go for it guys, you're almost there.

It doesn't help that, I assume, a lot of folks who have their Pandoras and would contribute to a more positive vibe are off enjoying their Pandora and avoiding these forums and its negativity, so the negative portion seems louder by comparison. At least that's my pet theory.

Eniko said:
It doesn't help that, I assume, a lot of folks who have their Pandoras and would contribute to a more positive vibe are off enjoying their Pandora and avoiding these forums and its negativity, so the negative portion seems louder by comparison. At least that's my pet theory.

I don't avoid the forums at all and i received my Pandora Two Months[sup]TM[/sup] ago. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eniko said:

Having a broken Pandora does leave you more time for posting. You might be onto something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back