Just Arrived; Had A Few Surprises Too!

my gp2x just arrived today, with a case, and its #00000038!
But i'm a little dissapointed in my $5.99 screen protector, it came PRE-scratched, as in i didn't even touch it and i could see scratches all over it.... I'm not going to send it back or anything, but its still a little bit sloppy.

:lol:

No no no, it has a VERY hard to see protective film ... took me 3 or 4 minutes of picking at the corner to remove it.
You mean that the SEPERATE screen protector that i purchased has a protective film on it!?! I removed the film on the actual screen and on the plastic front, i'm talking about the screen protector that I paid an extra 5.99 for...

Last edited by a moderator:
well its too bad those arent the unit numbers, wonder what they mean then

I lost the thread,

But someone said that the string with 2005.11.13 - GP2XV100 - 00000068

For instance, the date is obvious, but the GP2XV100 is the first batch, GP2XV101 would be the second batch.

Thus I assume you could get the same serial number with different production runs.

On the screen protector note I used a plastic picnic fork with all but one of the tines broken off to remove all my vinyl protectors.

The last tine does a good job of picking under the vinyl in a corner and then you can get a grip on it with your fingers.

Please be careful, I only report what worked well for me with skill and caution.
I am not responsible if you manage to jam a plastic picnic fork through any part of your game device or person.

well its too bad those arent the unit numbers, wonder what they mean then

I lost the thread,

But someone said that the string with 2005.11.13 - GP2XV100 - 00000068

For instance, the date is obvious, but the GP2XV100 is the first batch, GP2XV101 would be the second batch.

Thus I assume you could get the same serial number with different production runs.
Interesting, mine (arrived today!) says "first edition" on it yet the serial number starts with "2005.11.18 - GP2XV102". Does this mean they're making a new batch every week?

Back