Just received two upgraded 1GHz Pandoras back from ED

tez

Still Fresh
Very sad to say that as soon as I open the screen all the way on the first unit - it goes completely black.

Move it ever so slightly forward... and the screen returns to normal!

Have confirmed this isn't a software issue as it does this even on the bootloader menu screen.

It should be noted that neither unit had a screen cable problem when they were shipped.

I am also a bit surprised that the 'promised new silver cases' that were to be fitted at no extra charge seem to have the exact same scratches in the same places as the old silver cases did.

To be fair to ED, I haven't checked the second unit yet but I'll be doing that a little bit later this evening when I have some spare time.

I am also a bit surprised that the 'promised new silver cases' that were to be fitted at no extra charge seem to have the exact same scratches in the same places as the old silver cases did.
They have all scratches...

A Pandora upgrade doesn't give you an upgraded cable if it hasn't failed so far. We're only doing a quick test in this case, so it could be the cable was shortly before failing which is what now happens - it still did work before we shipped it (of course, it could also be the cable snapped out a bit during transport).

About the case: we did ask via the mail to contact us if you want to take on the offer for a new case (some customers want to keep their old case). Have you contacted us about that and told us you want the free new silver case? If not, we only replaced badly damaged ones. We will still replace it for free, if you like.

Hi ED,

The second 1GHz Pandora appears to be functioning okay but will give it lots and lots of testing over the next few weeks.

Regarding the Pandora with the suspected loose screen cable, I am happy to remove the bottom half of the Pandora case then manually remove and re-seat the LCD cable on the PCB side - is it likely to be here where the problem lies ?

However, I am not at all confident about removing and re-seating the LCD cable on the rear of the LCD screen so if the issue is likely to be there, I would rather mail it back and have it done properly by professionals.

If only the board was swapped out for a new 1GHz board, only that end of the cable will have been detached from the old board and attached to the new one, so I'd strongly suspect that if it isn't connected properly, it's there rather than at the LCD end.

If you'd had a new case the cable would have been completely detached, I assume, but in your case I'd only bother checking the board end.

Back