JXD Singularity 192 new console Android

Ah, I'd seen the Core m processors released just over a month ago, going down to something like 3.5W TDP, but those 2W cherry-trail chips might fit the bill better.  No idea how their HD graphics compare to the HD 515 graphics in the Core m processors mind you (although HD515 has up to twice the execution units, so I suspect it might rate higher).

Edit: Got Atom X and Core m mixed up, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we would be able to play emulator like Pcsx2 and Dolphin on the go, with the same screen resolution!!

Actually there was a thread talking about ED using the Intel Atom x7-Z8700 in the Pyra.   Seems it ticks all the boxes: Price, availability, performance, power usage economy, openness (especially on the GPU side), a line that has a great chance of continuing (unlike the OMAP) etc.  

Actually there was a thread talking about ED using the Intel Atom x7-Z8700 in the Pyra.   Seems it ticks all the boxes: Price, availability, performance, power usage economy, openness (especially on the GPU side), a line that has a great chance of continuing (unlike the OMAP) etc.  

Can you Link the thread please ?

Too bad x86 is boring...

Why? I play alot of un-boring games on my x86 PC, more than on my Pandora actualy...  ;)
But where is the sense of accomplishment, the feeling that you or someone in the community put time and effort to make this program work nicely for the device. 

The community will be degraded to just a bunch of annoying people asking how to kludge together a working bootloader to boot windows instead of Linux. WINDOWS...

The problem still is that building the hardware around it is much more complex due to the BIOS.

If the Pyra sells well and there is money to hire someone working on this fulltime, it might be possible.

Of course, ANYBODY could create that CPU board, so anyone could also kickstart it. Doesn't have to be me.

The problem still is that building the hardware around it is much more complex due to the BIOS.

If the Pyra sells well and there is money to hire someone working on this fulltime, it might be possible.

Of course, ANYBODY could create that CPU board, so anyone could also kickstart it. Doesn't have to be me.

I much more like this response rather than the more elitism standpoint of "you'll either need to come and beg us for software, or be smart enough to compile it yourself" that might not be the exact standpoint being presented by others, but the end result surely comes off a lot like that. A simple user, and one that might want an x86 chipset, could bypass a lot of the hassle that comes with introducing new software title to the platform by just simply installing it. Ever so often I have seen "source code or GTFO" when someone who doesn't have the knowledge/skill to port asks if a specific title to be ported. Where most anyone could flash a windows image if one were available, and install what they needed when they needed it. And sometimes in the instance of that person could actually produce the source code of the application they wanted, they then had to rely on someone being interested enough in that title, or feeling charitable enough to bother with porting it.

One might see it as encouraging community interaction, but others might see it as a gate, I sometimes see the latter, not in a true authoritarian sense of the word of course, but definitely away from the openness that this device strives to achieve. "we don't want windows on our platform" also seems to be a message coming across from others. While older versions of windows being ran in an translated environment is currently the situation, it almost seems satisfactory that it runs this way to certain people. Something that requires going through native linux first to achieve, and the fact it also restricts a large portion of the latest windows software from being ran. Again, I'm not for sure that this is the intended message, but it sure seems that way from the outside.

The point can be argued and justified I'm sure, but I've just always gotten this vibe from this community, similar, but slightly more harsh than the stance on android. From a community that was founded in the mindset of getting devices to do things they weren't intended to do out of the box, it seems awfully strange point of view to have. And again, not yours (ED) specifically, you appear to be very open to absolutely anything can and should be ran, and sway always in the idea of as free as possible. It's the others that I'm referring to. The ones that will come into a thread like this and find it mandatory to respond as soon as possible about to how non interesting a specific device is, or just derail the conversion, rather than what I would think a normal person would do in a situation where something doesn't interest them and completely ignore the thread after the first couple lines of the first post. I know I don't go around in threads and exclaim how much I'm not interested in something, it would make for a rather grim forum if everyone did that I'd think. Luckily it's only these types of android devices that seem to get that treatment.
/end rant
===========
As to make this post not completely off topic, I like the K1, it seems like a great chipset. The device seems to go in the direction of using a mainstream chipset that will produce much better results than normal crap hardware JXD specifically has used in the past. The ergonomics seems similar to that of the shield. This will be the bridge gap device before a shield 2 comes out I feel. I would be warry about JXD as far as support is concerned, where the shield from nvidia has a lot of it's source code available to tinker with, JXD is known for maintaining it's open source bits in privacy. Not locking down their devices beyond a reasonable level, but not open to hackers and the like like the shield was. I once worked with an nvidia engineer that went out of their way to help get a version of linux running on the shield (until hardware design problems made that too much work to bother with) and I have simply asked for source code of their required to be distributed bits from JXD and got nothing but a brick wall. Just to compare the two levels of openness. It might not be that important to some, but it's worth noting.

From a consumer standpoint, I still like the GPD XD, and this seems to be aimed at the same market as the GPD Q9 which is in the same series of devices as the XD but in the larger 7 inch tablet form factor. I'm sure that the overlap of customers looking for a tablet gamepad will likely choose this over the Q9 after some reviews start coming in given that this isn't complete shit. And those not willing or tired of waiting for a shield 2.

Bay trail tablets are insanely cheap - as cheap as their android counterparts.  It's only a matter of time before companies start sticking the new cherry trail chips in cheap tablets, and only a matter of time after that before JXD or GPD or Yinlips or whoever realizes it's just as easy to stick one in a gaming tablet or handheld.  When folks can run emulatiors natively (instead of dealing with android ports and android input lag), it's going to be a game changer.  Not to mention running non-demanding windows games on a pocketable device.

Bay trail tablets are insanely cheap - as cheap as their android counterparts.  It's only a matter of time before companies start sticking the new cherry trail chips in cheap tablets, and only a matter of time after that before JXD or GPD or Yinlips or whoever realizes it's just as easy to stick one in a gaming tablet or handheld.  When folks can run emulatiors natively (instead of dealing with android ports and android input lag), it's going to be a game changer.  Not to mention running non-demanding windows games on a pocketable device.

Well I could argue that some of the best Emulators out there are ARM optimized native linux ports that were released on the Pandora, GP2X, Wiz...etc like PCSXReARMED and Picodrive, not these generic Android versions. That will be a loss as most x86 versions are optimized for a much beefier desktop machines which can be sloppy in performance.

Any volunteers?

PbOZFed.jpg

I inherited a Shield Android TV recently and have to say I'm extremely impressed so far: streaming, Kodi etc no issues whatsoever regardless of source quality, the emulation performance is also impressive, albeit it's Android so make of that what you will (latest versions of the Gamecube/Wii emulator Dolphin have massive performance improvements) all the various emulators I've tried so far have performed very well indeed & there seems to be frequent updates to all of the good ones.. can't think of anything negative to say at this point (not paying helps I guess)

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PS1_Tests

PCSXRearmed has no precise emulation compared with Epsxe and Mednafen

x86 win  in the PSX GPU precise 

Amidog 1.10 plugin because only windows (closed source) 

Honestly don't know anything about this benchmark, what system are they using for PCSXReARMed? The Page mentions only iOS and Android, not the native Linux optimized version Notaz spent a lot of time working on,  Also what do these tests do? I say this data is garbage without more details behind it.