Jxd-V3-Clamshell-Pmp-Gamer

R

RedBaron

You just got to look at this
http://www.pmptoday.com/2010/02/02/jxd-v3-clamshell-pmp-gamer-surfaces-to-impress/
The more I find out about it the more I want one

some copy-pasta noob said:
For now the specs are relatively simple: MP4 and MP3 support and a host of game emulation: GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SMD, SMC, BIN, SWF. That’s 8 to 32 bit games.
That's a shame, because I have a lot of 4 and 33 bit games I need emulated.. But at least this covers my Samsung BIN and Motorola SWF. It's so hard to find software to emulate those these days.
And it emulates Surface Mount Devices. Handy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The d-pad looks like crap...and it's virtually a PSPgo rip-off (with the exception that it's not a slide), which is not a good thing, as the gaming controls are too close together (extremely cramped). :(

This is not the usual crapy PMP this has a 533MHz Samsung processor

Thanks...I wish it had an OLED touch screen. :(

Anyway...at $112, I think I might just get this...

003e.jpg

jxd-v3-2.jpg
jxd-v3-7.jpg
jxd-v3-9.jpg
jxd-v3-8.jpg
jxd-v3-3.jpg
jxd-v3-7.jpg
jxd-v3-6.jpg
jxd-v3-4.jpg

I already explained this... The dpad will SUCK, it will be near unusable. It is just 4 buttons!

And the 533mhz Samsung CPU means nothing. My SmartQ 5 has the same one, and it is absolutely terrible for gaming, cannot even handle SNES or GBA well.

Not to mention how uncomfortable it looks...

palmertech said:
It looks painful to hold this thing and actually do stuff with it. Either your thumbs come from the sides, where there are high borders. Or from the bottom, so things get cramped. I have yet to see a video review on it. It has neither keyboard nor touchscreen, but crappy looking controls instead.

RedBaron, this might just be up your alley, go ahead and get it before it's all sold out!

yah, tbh that looks terrible. Separated d-pad, controls inlaid with those weird 'fins' on the sides(for lack of a better word), shitty psp nub/clone psp go layout... garbage. Might as well just get a dingoo & save yourself 30 bux.

RedBaron said:
Actually...I just looked back and nowhere does it say it has a 533 Samsung processor?

There's no mention of the operating system or what processor it's using but I can imagine this with a 533MHz Samsung processor or better, WiFi and an Android OS to be a most delectable gadget.
For now the specs are relatively simple: MP4 and MP3 support and a host of game emulation: GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SMD, SMC, BIN, SWF. That's 8 to 32 bit games. It sells for $111 at the Ownta store and includes 8GB of memory built-in. The JXD V3 is a significant improvement on the JXD2000 and JXD1000 game emulators that we've last seen, both PSP clones.

palmertech said:
I already explained this... The dpad will SUCK, it will be near unusable. It is just 4 buttons!

And the 533mhz Samsung CPU means nothing. My SmartQ 5 has the same one, and it is absolutely terrible for gaming, cannot even handle SNES or GBA well.

Don't forget lack of shoulder buttons.

SONY said:
RedBaron said:
Actually...I just looked back and nowhere does it say it has a 533 Samsung processor?

There's no mention of the operating system or what processor it's using but I can imagine this with a 533MHz Samsung processor or better, WiFi and an Android OS to be a most delectable gadget.
For now the specs are relatively simple: MP4 and MP3 support and a host of game emulation: GBA, GBC, GB, NES, SMD, SMC, BIN, SWF. That's 8 to 32 bit games. It sells for $111 at the Ownta store and includes 8GB of memory built-in. The JXD V3 is a significant improvement on the JXD2000 and JXD1000 game emulators that we've last seen, both PSP clones.
http://ipods.techfresh.net/8gb-jxd-v3-clamshell-pmp-and-games-emulator-combo/

SONY said:
It says so right here.

Main Features:
1,Operation System: Windows CE 5.0
2.CPU:SAMSUNG S3C2443 533MHZ,
3.4.3 inch Touch screen( 480X272)
4.Built-in 64M flash memory and support MINI SD card(1GB~4GB)
5.support to read U-disk,Mp3/4 player
6.Support double camera,take photos and web-camera,
7.Network port & support to connect outside keyboard and soft keyboard in system
8.Built-in WIFI antenna(SAMSUNG A20), wireless internet
9.Support the ethernet, wire internet
10.Support USB1.1/2.0HOST
11.supporting music:MP3,WMA,WAV, Movie:WMV,AVI,MPEG,ASF,MP4,3GP.
12.Support to browse internet,receive and send Email,MSN,SKYPE
13.Support to read Word,EXCEL,PDF,powerpoint document
14.Game:support network games
15.Network dial-in : ADSL dial-in
16.E-book reader
17.Picture browser:BMP,JPG,PNG
18.Built-in microphone recording,LINE IN function
19.Electronic dictionary, Calculator,Paint brush,Calendar
20.Software manager: to add or remove application
.System setting: to set system time, date, network, sound and so on

Hay wait a moment...

Too bad the area where the buttons are is recessed. You'd probably end up with blisters on the inside of your thumbs after any lengthy playing. That, and no shoulder buttons? Make these two corrections and i'd buy it.

Dr.Altaica said:
It says so right here.

Clearly not even the same device, they look completely different.

RedBaron said:

Link claims 5MP camera, when you can see "2MP" written on the back of it.

It's apparent that no one is really trustworthy when it comes to information on these devices. But if it really is powered by Samsung S3C2443 then that means it has the exact same CPU as in the Wiz. Who knows how much flash, RAM, and so on it has. It won't have any 3D capabilities, but it won't take a speed hit due to portrait mode, and can do framebuffer scaling in hardware. But the resolution is worse for most emulators.

RedBaron said:
Even so...what's the use/point?...because as Exophase has pointed out, it has no shoulder buttons (L & R buttons) and imo, without them, it's useless...as useless as that d-pad, lol.
I'm not getting one anymore. :(

EDIT: Hey, Exo, I think Dr.Altaica was just being sarcastic, lol. :D

SONY said:
EDIT: Hey, Exo, I think Dr.Altaica was just being sarcastic, lol. :D

That makes sense, or at least explains his last comment a little better ;) But at least my pointing it out will help any others who made the same mistake I did.

I hope that res is not true, because it sucks for anything other than cheap composite LCDs, and even then... Bleh. And you are right, lack of shoulder buttins sucks.

The worst part is that from the thickness, it is almost certainly using cheap metallic dome contact tact switches. Not only do they feel terrible, but they fail relatively quickly.

Rubber membrane FTW!

you can get them at focalprice as of today.

$88 for the 4GB model.
http://www.focalprice.com/EM473B/JXD_V3_4GB_43_MP5_Portable_Media_PlayerGame_Console_Black.html

i would have been tempted if it had shoulder buttons and a dpad, otherwise its useless.

Back