Keyboard Reformulation!

alfatreze

Still Fresh
The Pandora is looking really slick, I'm quite sure I'm going to have to spend a few euros on it when it comes out. Still there is one thing, which I don't believe had been finalized that may still have time to get improved... The Keyboard.

The size really should not be a big problem, but the button format surely will. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it won't have those flat crammed keys. And will instead have some depressed, or bezeled keys, that make it much easier to type and identify the key separation with your fingertips. Otherwise you'll end up pressing multiple keys with ease.

Just look at any portable device renowned for its text based input, and it will be there. Don't sacrifice this great functionality with a bad keyboard design.

I stand here hoping the reason we keep seeing these flat keyboard renders is because the keyboard is in testing phase and it's final form has not been decided upon.

I would really like to see a lot of feedback on this, and hopefully from the developers as well, as it is one of the great strengths of Pandora, at it would be really sad to end up having a bad implementation.

Hi,

We have already decided to have spaces between the keys, more like the xbox keyboard attachment i guess. Is that what you mean?

craigix said:
Hi,

We have already decided to have spaces between the keys, more like the xbox keyboard attachment i guess. Is that what you mean?

That's great, I wasn't aware of this. I was a little concerned about this too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back