keyboard remapping

padoro

Hello.

I need to assign the F5-F8 keys to other keys to make them more accessible. Is there a way to do it on the Pandora?

I need it to make hotkeys for the game Diablo. When playing with the sorcerer you can assign spells only to F5-F8 keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I'll try it. But reading about it on google I'm not sure if it will remap some keys or will only be useful for ading a gamepad.

I've read something obout pndxmodmap but seems a bit complicate for my knowledge on this matter

I've read something obout pndxmodmap but seems a bit complicate for my knowledge on this matter
Which keys were you trying to remap them to? If you wanted them on the gaming buttons, for example, you could just swap the entries for keycode 71, 72, 73, and 74 (F5, F6, F7, and F8) with the keycode for 83, 87, 88, and 89 (A, Y, B, X) in whatever order you wanted them. If you follow the instructions on the keyboard wiki page, you can just use the keyboard layout switcher to swap it in and out when you play.

Which keys were you trying to remap them to? If you wanted them on the gaming buttons, for example, you could just swap the entries for keycode 71, 72, 73, and 74 (F5, F6, F7, and F8) with the keycode for 83, 87, 88, and 89 (A, Y, B, X) in whatever order you wanted them. If you follow the instructions on the keyboard wiki page, you can just use the keyboard layout switcher to swap it in and out when you play.
It works! Thank you.

Back