Mupen64Plus: Various questions

JePP

Hello everyone, relatively new Pandora owner here,

i've got a simple question that I haven't figured out so far: How the heck do you save/load savestates in Mupen64Plus? F5 certainly doesn't do the trick, neither do the other keys do anything except for the in-game keys. And while we're at it, are there other hotkeys, for example enable/disable sound output, view fps, etc. ?

Also, what's the difference between the Picklelauncher and the normal window box thing launcher? Why do we have both and what are the pros and cons of each? Which one should I prefer?

Third, there seem to be different plugins, are there certain pros/cons of each or should I always go with the default?

Thanks! :)

Savestates are broken simply because our input plugin doesn't have the ability to map the hot-keys and there is no way to return to the mupen GUI. Native saves and memorycard saves work fine, however.

Pickle launcher is a front-end simply to launch the roms - the advantage is it's easier to navigate.

The  "normal window box thing" launcher is the standard mupen64plus GUI. It has the advantages of being able to configure the emulator and also displaying more information of the roms in the romlist, but generating the romlist can take a loooooong time especially if you have compressed roms.

Default is fine in most cases. I think the older revision of our GFX plugin is better for Wave Race, there may be other games too... but it requires manually switching the config to change to the other plugin.

I am currently working on porting my Android port back to the Open Pandora, and mapping functions like save-state will work with it.  Hoping to have it ready in the next couple weeks or so (I'll let everyone know).  I won't have time to work on a front-end for it though, so it will be PickleLauncher only (hoping to get another Open Pandora dev to take on the front-end, as there's a lot of functionality that can be hooked up once it is in place)

Thanks a bunch PokeParadox and good news paulscode, definitely excited for that :)

Didnt want to start a new topic just to ask this but has anyone had any luck getting 1080 Snowboarding to work using the latest version from the repo? Every time I attempt to play it hangs right about the time the start menu should appear and I have to hard reset my Pandora. I thought this was one of the titles that could run well on the Pandora.

Back