• I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
kb_fonts2.png

It took a bit of time. But I went through whole thread and collected all proposals. The poll allows for only 15 options! So I had to merge similar fonts together, I you think that they are not similar enough, then I'm sorry. At least, in case if they win - it gives additional freedom to devs ;)
Also I couldn't include option "I don't care" for font, because there are only 15 choices available, instead I included "it wasn't me" :)

Corbel for me!

Although I realize now, it would be better to display an example using all Caps letters, because the letters on the keypad are all Caps. So we know exactly how it would look ;) Also dark gray background with white text to match the keypad colours for clarity :)

MDave said:
Corbel for me!

Although I realize now, it would be better to display an example using all Caps letters, because the letters on the keypad are all Caps. So we know exactly how it would look ;) Also dark gray background with white text to match the keypad colours for clarity :)
I can make a dark background, but I can't make all caps :( That's because only few of those fonts are available for me in GIMP. I had to use the example pictures of font look from wikipedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tensuke said:
I misvoted but Century Gothic all the way! That or Commodore 64, I love that retro look. B)
OMG, my bad, I forgot commodore!
I'll include it as a variant for "It wasn't me!" That way it will have a slight head-start.
But I cannot edit the poll text, sorry.

While i respect everybody's opinion I don't understand why so many are voting for "it wasn't me". That font is cool and all, but it doesn't fit on a keyboard. We need a font that is clear and easy to read imo.

I voted Don't care, Don't care, Didn't know "it wasn't me was a font!" just clicked it so I could complete the vote. It wasn't me isn't really my choice. I don't really care what the font is as long as it isn't the one I picked by mistake. Vera would be better I think! but I'm not fussy....

edit: I just said what I voted for!

@puppydee: If you don't care, then don't post then, because your bumping up the topic when you do. The sooner the thread dies, the better for you, eh? Otherwise leave those that can contribute to discussion alone with your moaning.

Perhaps then, it was a mistake to add COMMODORE font as an alternative to "wasn't me". But IMHO it's already too late to change that.

A plea to moderator: could you please add "commodore 64" text to "It wasn't me" option?

I guess that if this one wins, then we pick commodore, I'm really sorry for the fuss.

I think the font name is confusing people.

If we look at the poll we see that there is almost equal amount that voted:
"I don't care" - 18
"I don't care" - 19
"It wasn't me" - 17

It might be that "It wasn't me" is mistaken for an "I don't care" option.

However, I could be wrong.

xaim00 said:
I think the font name is confusing people.

It might be that "It wasn't me" is mistaken for an "I don't care" option.
I think that you are actually right. Pease note there are relatively few votes for non-standard font family (top vote) . I think Commodore "it wasn't me" counts as non-standard.

ok.. it looks like I totally screwed it up :(

Anyway, we have a job to do from EvilDragon, he says that only fonts free to commercial use are acceptable. We better check all those fonts if they meet the criterion. Then we can make a "final" poll.... if the devs really want it, because I don't know in fact.

- Is the COMMODORE 64 font free for commercial use?
- Roxlia is, I checked.

I'll be slowly checking others. I should do this before making this poll, but yyych I was too lazy :(

EDIT: or perhaps the first two questions provide enough answer, and there's no need for another poll? I'm tending towards this opinion. Too many polls can be too confusing... Just one vote for non-standard font, means just one vote for commodore.

I'm sorry, but if the commodore font wins AND is used I would seriously reconsider my order.
The pandora is a unique enough machine without having to resort to stupid fonts.

Back