Keymat Sample Pictures!

Looks great, a real step up in terms of visual aesthetics form the Pandora Keyboard :)

Especialy ABXY action buttons will be used alot with permanent slides over. That's why I still prefer separate action buttons like todays Gamepads have. At least, it seems these are higher than the 2 small  additional action buttons, which is good.

I'm not sure judging by the first photo that they are any more sicky-out (i.e. have any more travel) than the smaller action buttons (I and II).  That's fine with me, fwiw - I rather liked the DS-phat's flat clicky buttons.

Thanks for keeping us up to date ED. I really love the finish of the keymat, as others here the only thing I'm concerned in is the feedback of the action buttons.

i check back on this thread just to admire the keyboard.  the layout is a great compromise among so many design principles, and it's awesome there was so much community input -- no one person can say they designed it.  it even looks great.  thanks ED for one giant leap for keyboards!

The Pyra is coming, from the ether it rises and stands tall - Hark, Hark, hear the Clarion call.

Quote said:
Well I'm less concerned with the buttons than I am with the D-Pad, the Pandora did it a bit differently and it worked well.
It is not bad but for my taste, it "swims" a little bit to much due the direct glue onto the rubber mat. I prefer a more stiff feeling like the one from the old GBA Advance. It was precise, had a small travel distance and was a little bit "clicky" but not to much.

:)

I think it's a matter of taste.

My PC has NES, SNES, PS2, PS3, 360, N64, and Gamecube controllers hanging off it (I decided to just wait for my BlissBox 4-play to connect the rest), my Nostalgia PC has a Gravis PC Gamepad and a Gravis PC Gamepad Pro, and I own a Gameboy Color, a Gameboy Advance, and a DS Phat... the Pandora's D-Pad is the one I find the most enjoyment using.

(Which reminds me, I still need to find an opportunity to test an XBone gamepad to see if its D-Pad feels superior enough to justify buying one.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry. The XBone gamepad isn't worth it. <_<
Nah seriously, I had the opportunity to try one in store, only the gamepad, not the console though.
I still think the X360 is the best one. There has been some improvements, like the better triggers, but it feels... ah, sooo small...
I even think the X360 could have a little bigger gamepad. Yet they made its successor a little smaller. Argh.
I always use the sticks, so I'm not that interested into the D-Pad. It has never been a problem to me. But the XBone seems a bit better in that way.

Back