Kid Icarus Review

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
KidLogo.gif
Kid Icarus Review
Kid Icarus is a quaint little platformer that appeared on the NES system back in December 1986. You play a boy called Pit, who has to save the world of Angel Land, which has been overrun by monsters from the dark realms of Medusa (The Goddess of Darkness).

Pit’s primary weapon is a bow and arrow, which has limited range. Along the way he can pick up treasures, such as invincibility, to help him along his quest. Also, the collected hearts that enemies drop can be used to buy power ups.

At first playing, Kid Icarus seems a little noddy, but you soon learn it has a sort of depth, and the catchy tune will have you humming away for hours.

Graphics:
The visuals are pretty standard for a NES game, colourful and very clear, it’s obvious where you’re going and what you must be doing. But there’s nothing ground breaking. See below:
Kid1.jpg
Kid2.jpg

Sound:
Great catchy tunes and adequate sound effects. The effects are pretty similar to Castlevania (if you remember that one).

GamePlay:
This is where the game excels, it’s very addictive. Lots of jumping around on platforms and shooting little arrows all over the place. The enemys are pretty stupid and pretty random, they will have you running around the platforms with glee.

On the GP32:
Runs 100% full speed with sound, as nearly all NES games do!

Rating:
9/10

Nice review, I liked Kid Icarius back in the days when I had a NES.
But its really hard inside the castles if I recall correctly.

And yeah after playing for awhile the "soundtrack" will stick to your mind. :ph34r:

cozmic posted on Sep 25 2004 at 06:53 PM said:
I liked the GB version.

Nice compact review
Yes even though I've had my NES for ages I did play the GB version first which I can remember liking very much.
I also like the collect little hearts, get money and buy stuff system.
A small RPG undertone it would seem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow of Chaos posted on Sep 27 2004 at 10:53 PM said:
good review, ill have to give this game a go.. not played on my GP32 for a while..

Fluffy that live weather picture looks like porthcawl :lol:

Thanks for the applause :)

Actually it's Aberystwyth !!!!

Clare.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back