Laptop Out, Coding Away

fdave

Final Dave
Website
www.finalburn.com
Hi folks,

I have my laptop out, my Pocket PC plugged in, and I'm working on Cyclone 68K, right this minute!

This is what I did last week
v0.0064
+ Added rtr
+ Fixed addq/subq.l (all An opcodes are 32-bit) (Road Rash)
+ Fixed various little timings

v0.0063
+ Added link/unlk opcodes
+ Fixed a problem with dbCC opcode being emitted at set opcodes
+ Improved long register access, the EA fetch now does ldr r0,[r7,r0,lsl #2] whenever
possible, saving 1 or 2 cycles on many opcodes, which should give a nice speed up.
+ May have fixed N flag on ext opcode?
+ Added dasm for link opcode.

And this is what I've done so far today:
v0.0065
+ Fixed a problem with immediate values - they weren't being shifted up correctly for some
opcodes. Spiderman works, After Burner shows a bit of graphics.

more news as and when the bugs are fixed.

Basically, what would be a real help is if you can point out games which display some garbled graphics very early on (e.g. within about half a second) and are clearly 'different' within the first second or so, because I can run them for only a few million instructions and (hopefully) locate the problem.
e.g. I'm currently looking at Castlevania Bloodlines because that falls in this category:
141) 3039 a2=00060fd0 d0=000011fc a3=00ff204e f=____ check=3bb9 31f7a: lea ($0,a2,d0.l), a3 [47f2 0800 ]

This lea instruction is being executed wrong (a3 becomes 00060fcc when it should be 000621cc)

Well... what can we all say? I think I speak for everyone on the GP32 scene gp32_console when I say we appreciate this more than you can imagine :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

craigix posted on Apr 24 2004 at 02:52 PM said:
Well... what can we all say? I think I speak for everyone on the GP32 scene gp32_console when I say we appreciate this more than you can imagine :)

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Okay fixed that Castlevania LEA bug... making good progress this afternoon

v0.0065
+ Fixed a problem with immediate values - they weren't being shifted up correctly for some
+ Fixed a problem with EA:"110nnn" extension word. 32-bit offsets were being decoded as 8-bit
offsets by mistake. Castlevania Bloodlines seems fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great news, I never thought genesis emulaton on the gp32 would be so fast. I don't know how a core works well enough to really givew you any input but keep iit up this is awesome.

wave posted on Apr 24 2004 at 03:19 PM said:
Good Work Dave, are you working with Rlyeh??

Not directly, but I send him a new cyclone core whenever i update it, and he sends a beta every now and again, so indirectly yes

I have to say gp32_console This is really awesome and i want to thank you for all the good work you have done for the GP32 scene.

Keep the good work up, the Cyclone core is awesome!

outrunners :::::::: fucked up after the "data east" screen
(a bit optimistic but) sonic 3d blast :::::::::: graphical errors at the first screen

i dunno if you're still reading this or not but thats my input for the day......................and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
poster00.gif

wave posted on Apr 24 2004 at 03:38 PM said:
In Gp32spain there is a reward if someone makes a 68000 arm asm core, you could win it.

Is there? Chi-ching! What do you win?

Okay - new version of Cyclone on my web-site http://www.finalburn.com

(in the source code section)

not sure which version was in the weekend fgen - probably 0.0064

What's New
----------
v0.0065
+ Fixed a problem with EA:"110nnn" extension word. 32-bit offsets were being decoded as 8-bit
offsets by mistake. Castlevania Bloodlines seems fine now.
+ Added exg opcode
+ Fixed asr opcode (Sonic jumping left is fixed)
+ Fixed a problem with the carry bit in rol.b (Marble Madness)

v0.0064
+ Added rtr
+ Fixed addq/subq.l (all An opcodes are 32-bit) (Road Rash)

v0.0063
+ Added link/unlk opcodes
+ Fixed a problem with dbCC opcode being emitted at set opcodes
+ Improved long register access, the EA fetch now does ldr r0,[r7,r0,lsl #2] whenever
possible, saving 1 or 2 cycles on many opcodes, which should give a nice speed up.
+ May have fixed N flag on ext opcode?
+ Added dasm for link opcode.

wave posted on Apr 24 2004 at 06:45 PM said:
That's the page: The great challenge

But I don't know if it's active now. Ask Anarchy :)

Doh! Stupid typo in 0.065, fixed on 0.066 (Strider crashes)

Oh -brilliant - just realised that Castle of Illusion is playable now in 0.066 :))))))

There's a database of a lot of games now that just bring up black screens, or crash after the initial sega logo, I don't know if it'll help at all but it's all in my compatibility list if it'll help. :)

All I can say is, excellent news ! May be able to make a decent VM version of a Neogeo emu with your Cyclone kit. Still working on my JIT 68k compiler for my <not tellin'> emulator. It's now got several thousand routines for generating all sorts of different chunks of ARM ASM code. Your emulator is certainly the way to go though if not much memory is available (due to the need of loading entire roms, etc).

Back