Las Tres Luces De Glaurung Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
traperic released a Port of M.A. Softwares remake of Las tres luces de Glaurung.

latruces.gif

It's a spanish platform game, the original game was for the Amstrad CPC.

Download: Las tres luces de Glaurung

It's a spanish platform game, the original game was for the Amstrad CPC.

The original game was for the Sinclair Spectrum, and from there ported to Amstrad CPC (with less colours) and MSX. And it was released outside Spain by Melbourne House as "Conquestador".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I can't get this to work as I just get a blank screen. My Spanish is v poor so i cannot read the 'leeme.txt' file. I am curious because I remember from the Spectrum and Amstrad days that a few Spanish games were released in the UK and they were all good. This was probably because it was only worth bothering with the effort of translation if the game was actually any good, but I still have positive memories of Spanish games.

Hello,

The black screen problem can be solved loading the game from gmenu2x, this is applicable for any game ported by me using the Allegro library, it is a known bug but I can't reproduce it on my GP2X.

delete the "glaurung.gpe" file ..the one with 1KB size ..
and add extension "gpe" to the glaurung file with 770KB size ... worked for me

delete the "glaurung.gpe" file ..the one with 1KB size ..
and add extension "gpe" to the glaurung file with 770KB size ... worked for me

This didn't work for me - I'll look into that gmenu thing-

Edit: oops, yes it did. Thanks euro48k.

This looks really good. It definately has the Spectrum/Amstrad feel to it but has much improved graphics than those machines could produce.

I still have positive memories of Spanish games.

Yep, Spanish software houses of the 80's were great. There are many ZX Spectrum classics that were made in Spain.

Dinamic, Opera Soft and Topo software are probably the best known companies, but there where many others.

Unfortunatly, the Spanish industry has died, and I think only Pendulo Studios (Runaway: A Road Adventure) is currently worth checking.

Back