Latest Payback Video

Epicenter posted on Sep 12 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
... even though the visuals are fairly simple and it's mostly just fancy texturing.

Still looks much better than most of the games on the GP2X, even my ports! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sarah Connor? You have been targetted for termination"....oops...sorry, don't know why I typed that! :lol:
Great looking game! I take it they managed to get the second core to do something useful?

What would rock if you could replace the sound samples with own sound files... as well as being able to put your own mp3s on the radio.

EvilDragon posted on Sep 12 2006 at 12:06 PM said:
techFreak posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:27 AM said:
I've uploaded this video to You Tube.

Clicky!

Not necessary, as I put an uncensored version of the video (with more blood) up there yesterday already ;)

It's here :)
Ha, that's a lot of blood!

Wolfsclaw posted on Sep 12 2006 at 08:55 AM said:
What would rock if you could replace the sound samples with own sound files... as well as being able to put your own mp3s on the radio.

yeah, maybe there should be a mission where you can unlock the ability, like you have to be a dj in the game before you can put your own .ogg/.mp3 in ;)

.ogg sounds better at low bitrates, but having the ability to put your own music in would be great!

payback team, are you listening?! :D

sensible GP32 posted on Sep 12 2006 at 03:33 PM said:
"up and at them"

Okay, he sounds nothing like radioactive man!! ;)

The weird voice I can stand (is that you ED? ;)), but not the trash that is rap. Beside that Payback looks like solid fun, that's one game that will be worth its price!

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:21 PM said:
The weird voice I can stand (is that you ED? ;)),

Heh, you got me. That's me ;)
But it will be rerecorded, I was in a rush and it sounds way too boring :)
Also, with some effects to make it sound like it comes from a telephone, etc., it will be WAY better :)

Last edited:
You should go to a big city in america and get a crack addict hobo to do the voices..you could just give him some malt beverages and you could call it even. He has been preparing his whole life for something like this and he dosen't even know it.

Some things:

The video is still from a beta of the game.

The voice track has loads of characters, the voice heard is the game is just one of them, it was the only one rrecorded when that demo was made.

Yes you can make your own radio stations with your own tracks in the game.

Another demo/movie plus a webpage will be ready soon.

craigix posted on Sep 12 2006 at 08:12 PM said:
The voice track has loads of characters, the voice heard is the game is just one of them..

does that mean we get to hear craig's voice too?! haha, I think Magus 86 needs to do a voice too

toddbirthday.jpg

Honestly I'm not worried about any over clock. It wouldn't make sense for Apex to do anything that would limit who would buy the game.

And I love that you can add your own sound tracks (this sort of reminds me of the XBox Grand Theft Autos, ahhh, good memories.) It might be fun to create some mock up talk shows for it B) . (like GTA3's "Chatterbox" station)

I'm curious as to how much control you have over the camera. Could you position it behind the character, or would the models look bad from that angle (or maybe it couldn't render too far in front of the character... or due to one of many reasons I haven't even thought of)? It looked like it was being moved when ED was in the tank (either that, or that's just how it moves while the tank is being used) This is one of those features that would be nice to have, but I could still enjoy the game without it.

Back