Launch-Ready Emulators

Wootson said:
And yes, some things irritate me. Like title threads from new people that say "QUESTION", followed by thread content like "when is release?". We all know this is a prime example of absolute lazyness. And what happens afterwards is that people take these noobs seriously. Hell, even people with 500+ posts make these threads around here (don't mean anyone in particular here).
Currently the Wiki is the only source I could actually find which directly answers something like "When is the release?":

When will it be ready

When it's ready. Right now, trying to estimate when the Pandora will ship is like trying to find Pi.
(Umm... so entirely possible to completely unnecessary levels of precision? :p )

I'm changing it now to be slightly more useful (especially since hopefully we know now), but I think it would be entirely valid for someone to want more information if that was all they could find. Especially since that was last updated in January.
Perhaps they should present their question better, but the fact is, lots of information is NOT as readily available as people seem to be assuming.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as forums have existed there have been the ability to search them, and yet people still ask noob questions. It's never going to stop, the only thing you can adjust is your reaction to them. Even with the most comprehensive FAQ you can possibly write or numerous pop ups with "Are you SURE you want to ask this?" printed in them someone is going to ask a question someone else would rather they didn't.

I've said it before, Sometimes the newbie is looking to start a conversation and engage the regulars and sometimes they just want to ask a question of someone that they can ask a follow up question to if the initial answer doesnt completely answer their question. Someone could ask "will X emulator play X game" the answer on a FAQ could be "no" and so could the answer from an actual forum member, but if he wanted to ask a follow up like "what's the main issue breaking the emus compatibility with X game?" that answer isnt going to be in a FAQ.

Anyway my point is simply Noob questions are never going to end. If there was a way to stop them they'd have been stopped by now. The only thing you can change is your reaction to them.

Back