Gmenu2x And Atari Emulators By Zx-81 Problem

L

logan5

Hey all! I've got a problem I've been working on for days and I just can't remedy. GMenu is a great frontend and I really want to use it but I'm having a problem with it that is driving me CRAZY! There are 3 atari emulators (2600, 7800 and st) by zx-81 http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/ which all use the same interface. They all launch fine but when I try to re-launch the emulator it crashes everytime and I have to restart my gp2x. With the default launcher I can relaunch the atari emus multiple times during one session but with the gmenu frontend it always crashes if I relaunch the emu during the same session (Ie: not turning off the gp2x and restarting it). I've spent days now trying different firmwares, different settings within the gp2x, gmenu and within the emulators themselves. The old atari stuff is my favorite and I REALLY like zx-81 gui on his emus. As of now I'm not using Gmenu because I end up wanting to use the same emu twice and my gp2x crashes. I have no problem with vice or mame or other emus, just these 3 by zx-81:
GP2X-2600
GP2X-7800
Atari 800/5200 : GP2X-Atari

They all use the same gui which doesn't seem to play nice with gmenu. There are alternative emus but the gui on these are really easy and intuitive. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this bug or is anyone having the same problem!?! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

logan5 said:
Hey all! I've got a problem I've been working on for days and I just can't remedy. GMenu is a great frontend and I really want to use it but I'm having a problem with it that is driving me CRAZY! There are 3 atari emulators (2600, 7800 and st) by zx-81 http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/serendipity/ which all use the same interface. They all launch fine but when I try to re-launch the emulator it crashes everytime and I have to restart my gp2x. With the default launcher I can relaunch the atari emus multiple times during one session but with the gmenu frontend it always crashes if I relaunch the emu during the same session (Ie: not turning off the gp2x and restarting it). I've spent days now trying different firmwares, different settings within the gp2x, gmenu and within the emulators themselves. The old atari stuff is my favorite and I REALLY like zx-81 gui on his emus. As of now I'm not using Gmenu because I end up wanting to use the same emu twice and my gp2x crashes. I have no problem with vice or mame or other emus, just these 3 by zx-81:
GP2X-2600
GP2X-7800
Atari 800/5200 : GP2X-Atari

They all use the same gui which doesn't seem to play nice with gmenu. There are alternative emus but the gui on these are really easy and intuitive. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this bug or is anyone having the same problem!?! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

I think those are just bugs with the emus. Since ZX is not developing GP2X stuff anymore that it not likely to change. Just use the other Atari emus. You give up a common interface but they don't crash and in many cases run faster too.

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
Zx-81 didn't do any ST emus, just 2600/7800 IIRC

Hes done with gp2x?

jeff
He said that he was done and was just doing PSP stuff from now on. Can't remember the thread but that is what he said basically.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if some people wouldn't have been so quick to criticize the performance of first-release ports, ...

Anyway from what I see, he simply switched to the PSP for the time being, never did he say he won't make any more releases for the GP2X in the future.

exophase.com: Since your interview a little over a year ago, has your motivation for creating homebrew for the PSP increased/decreased?
zx-81: It is always the same, it is stable. I have left the PSP scene during few weeks for the GP2X scene, and then I came back (mainly because GP2X hardware is less powerfull than PSP). I have to say that I am a bit bored with emulators, but there are so many remaining projects in network, office and games domain.

Taken from here

Make of it what you will.

Back