Left Nub

andyhamer

I thought things were going unusually well with my unit (apart from the immensely frustrating SD cards/slots or whatever the flip is the problem there) but c'est la vie..

I have noticed over the course of the last couple of days that the left nub's range of movement to the left has been deteriorating quite significantly, now to the point where it's either extremely erratic (jumping & jerking about all over the place) or incredibly slow, and this isn't fixed by any amount of nub general movement & any games/apps that require nub control are unfortunately unusable.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

This sounds eerily familiar...

Kieroshark suggested a possible solution here.

Last edited by a moderator:
There might even be a very easy fix:

Press the case around the nub downwards.

Sometimes the nub disc hits the case (sometimes so soft you don't even notice it does that).

As the nub autocalibrates while using it, erratic behaviour like that can happen.

After you done this, quickly move the nubs in all directions and in circles (in case there's some dirt in the nub, this can also happen) and reboot your unit.

There might even be a very easy fix:

Press the case around the nub downwards.

Sometimes the nub disc hits the case (sometimes so soft you don't even notice it does that).

As the nub autocalibrates while using it, erratic behaviour like that can happen.

After you done this, quickly move the nubs in all directions and in circles (in case there's some dirt in the nub, this can also happen) and reboot your unit.

had the same issue, my left nub was "pushed down" by the case (looks like the case nub hole was had some plastic leftovers). Easy to spot by comparing with th right nub.

I simply pushed gently the case around the nub and it did make a "snap" sound and the case got in place , since then the nub works fine.

Aldo I wonder why I have the impression the problem is always with the left nub? :)

Back