Let's go - Help wanted :) (2012-10-01)

Would it be legal if he sent you a crateload of original game disks for each rom?

I'm not one for forcing options on people, i think the default should be donate to noone and then allow the owner to freely choose this option to show donate to preorder fund button

Well, I am one for forcing options to sensible defaults!

The idea is to raise some money for the pre-orders, which is in everyone's best interests here.

If we rely on people selecting the option, very few people will do that, and it will not be useful.

If you don't want to set it by default, could you please do a mail-out about this feature?

I suggest the mail-out could inform people that it has been turned on!

Perhaps we could have a casual vote, whether it would be good to set this on or off

for people who don't know about it or are too lazy to update their preferences?

this guys SD cards have been mentioned before, I think mainly on the fact it's pretty expensive.

good idea though, I like the idea of a more official/OPT approved SD card that was preloaded with decent apps, I'd buy one, would be another fund generator as you say.

could load it with all the apps/games from the rebirth competition for a start, then some other goodies

There's a few ways to go about this. If we want an official SD with labels and such we could print out some images on sticker paper and use a die cutter or a less expensive =yahooshopping]punch (this one is about $13 USD ) to cut out square stickers to affix to the cards. The problem is that it generates work for the team. We can circumvent any legality issues by only including legal material (no roms for instance unless they are freeware and we only charge for the service of compiling them and not the games themselves. This also requires the purchase of SD cards.

Another option is to have the images available for download with a pay what you want scheme and offload the cost of the SD card and labelling to the user. The user simply donates what he wishes, and downloads the image to an sd card. A properly sized logo could be included in the download in case the user wants to customise the look of his card. This way more than one type of image could be experimented with. One user might want a cad loaded with emus or other similar goodness whereas another might prefer an office suite or somesuch. With proper documentation the user could even load it with wikipedia or what have you.

Another option would be to provide both services or even premium cards/downloads with software preloaded with the the consent of the author (probably someone from the pandora community.

Lastly another option would be to provide both services although downloading the image with appropriate documentation would put most of the cost and effort on the person donating reducing the overall effort of OPT while generating donations at the same time. This by the way would breath new life into the system and may entice older owners to revisit and interact with their pandoras anew.

Hi Evil Dragon. I want to say something. It is long.

I remember that day i found that device. I think it was in the end of June 2011. I search for handhelds, 'cause i was fed up with the People fighting which console is better.

ALWAYS Nintendo and Sony lover were fighting. That is why i search for other handhelds. Then I saw the Pandora. It was one of the greatest feelings i've ever had.

My Head was like: I NEED THIS DEVICE AND I NEED IT NOW! hahaha. But almost 2 years past sice that day. Unfortunatly i don't have the money too buy it. And it wouldn't change in the next hundred years. :(

But I want to help this Project. I tried to show it to my friends but they weren't interessted in. I tell everyone in my class and the same thing. Do you know any options for me to show them the Device Probably?

PS. I've began to learn C++. ^_^

PPS Sorry for my bad english. i am german just like you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
You want a Pandora and you say that you'll never have the money to buy one in a hundred years?  Now that takes some juevos right there...well you had me at your "signature".  Somebody please get this guy a free Pandora.

Unfortunatly i don't have the money too buy it. And it wouldn't change in the next hundred years. :(

PS. I've began to learn C++. ^_^
Learning coding / C++ might help you earn money for a Pandora at some point.  Good luck with it!

Do you know any other programming language? (I don't recommend C++ as a first language)

Do you know any other programming language? (I don't recommend C++ as a first language)
C++ is fine as a first language, just because it's C++ doesn't mean you have to learn all of it. Heck, most C++ programmers don't understand or use most of it.
Besides new/delete is far easier than malloc/free. :)

Personally I wouldn't learn Python (stupid white space languages are stupid) or BASIC (learn bad habits fast). I'd go with C/C++, Javascript if you find C too daunting, or maybe even Java though I've never got on with that myself. And learn C# if you want to work in an eco-system that allows really bad programmers to flourish.

@DREDD What do you mean. "Help you earn money" How?

I can a little bit Ruby.

@_wb_    Impossible. :(   School is killing me. I was a Paperboy but it always croosed  my school periods.

Yesterday i asked my mother: "Can you give me 500€". She said:"No". And the i said:Can you give me 250€

She said:"No". I said: "And for my Birthday?" She said:"No". My Parents are too mean! :angry:

I don't want to get on you nerve but do you want to know what last year christmas happens.

My Mother used my money to buy me a present. WTF!? :eek: And even last birthday she steal my psp and give

it to me as a present. Im done. :(

@DREDD What do you mean. "Help you earn money" How?

I can a little bit Ruby.

@_wb_    Impossible. :(   School is killing me. I was a Paperboy but it always croosed  my school periods.

Yesterday i asked my mother: "Can you give me 500€". She said:"No". And the i said:Can you give me 250€

She said:"No". I said: "And for my Birthday?" She said:"No". My Parents are too mean! :angry:

I don't want to get on you nerve but do you want to know what last year christmas happens.

My Mother used my money to buy me a present. WTF!? :eek: And even last birthday she steal my psp and give

it to me as a present. Im done. :(
Can your mother really afford to give you 500€ ?

(no need to answer that if you feel its too intrusive a question :unsure: )

hahahaha :)

Now i will make a banner for the site on a german forum i'm registred. Can anyone give me a banner picture of openpandora.org? It will be nice if i can see the pandora.

Back