Likelihood Of Credit Card Payment For 2nd Batch?

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
Just wondering what the chances are that credit card payment options will be possible with the 2nd batch.

Thanks.

It might happen, it's just the volume of money involved and if any merchant will allow us to take it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Total speculation obviously, but if there is a lot of buzz around it you may be able to convince someone more easily... I'll be surely doing an in depth overview of my own as I have about 5 people interested in (jealous of) my preorder.

'craigix' said:
It might happen, it's just the volume of money involved and if any merchant will allow us to take it.
Damn, well I wish you luck with that.

Fingers crossed.

Hopefully a successful launch with the first batch will cement Open Pandora's credibility with merchants(?).

At the least there should be less problem with Paypal. Shipping will be pretty quick, if I recall correctly, so they won't get them on that stupid "30 days to ship" clause. Might still get flagged and frozen for sudden high volumes though.
Maybe if they arrange it so only 100 purchases per 24 hours through paypal can be made it'll keep the flags from tripping.

That's just it, the Pandora price means we get flagged fast.

It's a good thing we didn't make a $500 netbook...

WizardStan said:
At the least there should be less problem with Paypal. Shipping will be pretty quick, if I recall correctly, so they won't get them on that stupid "30 days to ship" clause. Might still get flagged and frozen for sudden high volumes though.
Maybe if they arrange it so only 100 purchases per 24 hours through paypal can be made it'll keep the flags from tripping.
Paypal is still dangerously unreliable. We're hardly the only legitimate retailer to be bitten by Paypal's complete lack of customer service. Even if they don't lock the account for a sudden increase in volume, there is still a significant chance that they will close the account for any other made-up reason, and there is no recourse for us. When you're dealing with large amounts of money, Paypal is not safe.

Also, their fee scale is absurdly high when compared to legitimate CC handlers.

I've been coming across other projects that have run into the same payment problems. Like this SD card add-on for Atari ST:

http://mikro.umpc.sk/us_order/
mikro.umpc.sk/us_order/

These guys are a much more grass-roots operation than Pandora. But you know, one banhammer for all, that's democracy or something.

Back