Why Can't I Use My Credit Card? :( :(

Phew! It can be cathartic to write a diatribe against the madness of the world at times. Even if, as in this instance, I delete it before I press "send". The whole battle between graffitti artists and council wall cleaners, between malware writers and antivirus authors, between con merchants and individuals with bank accounts is, well, a bit despicable. But sometimes people are. It's a constant arms race between those who have something (seemingly almost anything!), and those who would like to take it away from them. Where anyone is, at any given time, in that race seems almost irrelevant until you encounter situations like ours where cultures at different points in the arms race intermingle.

It brought to mind an article I read last year where it was proposed that so much of our existance is not hardwired but developed after birth from experience, that we actually perceive things as seemingly universal as "the colour green" in our own unique ways. When you see "red", if I was to perceive the same thing I might see "green". Or perhaps I wouldn't SEE anything at all - perhaps I would "hear" yellow. It's bizzarre.

There's no real point to this post except, perhaps, to celebrate that despite apparently HUGE differences - from the concept that we may each interpret things as "basic" as sight differently to the way we protect ourselves in the increasingly global markets - we manage to find huge areas of commonality upon which to agree. Like... "Pandora looks like a great handheld device!". :D

There was a show here in the states on Comedy Central where they got high and they noticed that the company that makes chips with Olestra (causes anal leakage) was the same company that made toilet paper and PeptoBismol. Then they found out all of these other similar conspiracies with manufacturers. Makes you think.

Back