A Different Credit Card Refund Query

authoreyes

Website
www.markandmarina.com
Hi all -

I am one of the lucky people to get in line for the 1st batch of pandoras. However, I feel like I may be in a bit of quandry (possibly?) with the current situation of potential refund/repurchase.

This afternoon fradulent charges were placed on my card, and luckily the cc company alerted me, but I was forced to close the account and get a new credit card re-issued...No major purchases, it seemed like a "feeling" out situation.

Now, I really didn't want to be another schlub starting a thread about billing issues, but I am worried I may be in trouble if my old number is attempted to be refunded, which is now being recycled to a new number. I am hoping the billing dept lets me keep my old position (or since the charge has already occured, maybe just pay the new diff on a different card?)

Anyone from the team, if you ever have a free min in the near future, give me a quick line on a good course of action....I hope I can just pay the difference as a seperate transaction.

Sorry to bother during busy times, but I want to make sure I get my first batch pandora!

authoreyes said:
Now, I really didn't want to be another schlub starting a thread about billing issues, but I am worried I may be in trouble if my old number is attempted to be refunded, which is now being recycled to a new number. I am hoping the billing dept lets me keep my old position (or since the charge has already occured, maybe just pay the new diff on a different card?)

Your credit account is still your account - the card company just issued you a new card with a new number. The old number should still be linked to the account. Your CC company should send any credits (refunds) to your account, regardless of the number used. I would double check with your CC company to be absolutely sure.

Emailing GBAX or Craig directly won't do you any good. Either your payment was already processed (in which case you don't have to worry), or it's getting refunded. Refunded means it goes back to the CC company it came from. You can't redirect it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay -

That does make sense - I wasn't sure exactly how it would link back.

I didn't want to bother them yet as at this point I don't even know if I am bothered by the refund. I was really just worried that there would be there potential automated process that would fail when time comes for the rebill....

I will try to sit tight then....thanks for your input guys...

I have had refunds to canceled card number accounts which occurred after a fraudulent report and new card issuance. No problems. I live in the US, it was a Capitol One Visa card, for your info.
I wouldn't worry, but I would call the card company and warn them of the possibility, just in case.

I have actually dealt with a refund on a canceled credit card in the past. This is exactly how it works. The old number is still linked for credits to the card but not debits from the card.

FYI If anyone has a similar issue but you closed your account completely (no new card), your card gets refunded, your CC company then mails you a check. This takes a different amount of time for each CC company.

Vote America

Link

I really enjoy my Virtual Card feature from Citicards. It autogenerates a one-merchant use number with a next month expiration date. You can even specify a spending limit.
I wish all card issuers had that feature, it would cut down on fraud.

You guys are making me feel a bit better -

I have never experienced this before, and it is making me quite nervous...but anywhoo, again, as long as it doesn't affect my pandora purchase I'll be happy (and there is no more insidious activity)

Back