Question About Reordering With Credit Cards

PAH said:
I'm confident that they won't be charging you extra for a credit card payment.
Even better. There are places however that do tack on a fee for the seller using credit cards, whether they're allowed to or not. Sellers at computer fairs here do it, for example, and I've seen it ordering online before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if there is a 4% fee which we may or may not have to pay.
vat has droped 2.5% (from monday)which means we are bitchin about 1.5% of 200 bob which is 3 bob.
thats 20p less than a pint of stella.
why the ruber duck are we havin' a mare over a wife beater?

I really hope someone comes on and clarifies this! before it explodes!
Im also pretty sure the % Craig is talking about is on their side as it is normally paid by the seller and as pointed out its actually something VISA dont allow.
It is possible to get around that however and create something like a credit card order fee as the airlines do.

I have total faith in the teams ability to bring a great device to market, im not sure about the PR, and communications team of Pandora though!(although Chip being taken on will help)

I'm pretty certain that in the UK the seller cannot have a different price depending on method of payment. I am convinced this is a legal requirements as well as the credit card terms. If that is so, and openpandora is a UK company with a UK bank, they cannot add the cost to th buyer. I think there are a number of people that would be prepared to make a small % voluntary contribution and I certainly won't 'deduct' the 2.5% for VAT reduction.

riosingh's point is valid - but not for non-EU buyers as they won't get the VAT reduction.

I usually don't like posting in threads like this, but take a deep breath and wait for detailed data on this matter. Starting a huge discussion with all kinds of emotional derailment is nice for venting but it doesn't lead anywhere else.

Craigix, Sounds like the laptop maybe overheating. Possibly go into the bios and see if there’s any h/w monitor.

Also, the reaction from a lot of you i'm finding pretty lame tbh. There was no false pretence about this product. These guys are just like you and me, have made the connections and are doing their very best.

It is not sony, I'd much rather craigix meets all of his costs and if he doesn't stick some extra charges. I don't think he trying to raise cash. He probably just doesn't want to lose any more to silly things like cc charges.

He may have done his figures and realised this has to be done. I wonder if the bank refunded the charges from the previous card orders.

Please put all this in context and understand he wouldn't do anything people would frown upon unless it was absolutely necessary. Start backing this product and stop moaning about every little thing. It's pissing me off big-time and totally unreasonable...

Their generosity speaks for itself with the upgraded NAND and RAM, so stop questioning their methods.

TaG said:
I'm pretty certain that in the UK the seller cannot have a different price depending on method of payment. I am convinced this is a legal requirements as well as the credit card terms. If that is so, and openpandora is a UK company with a UK bank, they cannot add the cost to th buyer.
I fly quite often for work and every time I book a flight on the British Airways UK web site there is a credit card surcharge (2.5% I think). So I guess it's legal.
Either way, whether this is something Craig will absorb or a surcharge made by the bank which we have to pay just doesn't bother me. The Pandora team are doing their best to sort out a difficult set of circumstances (not of their making) while providing the best possible product and price.

As for refusing to order from the second batch based on the problems with the first, that just seems unnecessary. Simply wait until they are a stock item, and buy one if you like the product and price at that time. Pre-ordering tech is alway a bit bumpy, working for a hardware manufacturer myself I'm really impressed by how smoothly the general production seems to be going.

riosingh said:
vat has droped 2.5% (from monday)which means we are bitchin about 1.5% of 200 bob which is 3 bob.
This is a geeky forum. Please express costs as a proportion of the price of a pint of Old Ducks Nipple real ale.

:p

To the moaners :D

You can't have it both ways.

If you want the credit card protection service that the credit card company provides then you have to pay them the % that they charge.

If not, do what I did and simply send the amount refunded directly to OpenPandora at no extra cost.

ste_167 said:
To the moaners :D

You can't have it both ways.

If you want the credit card protection service that the credit card company provides then you have to pay them the % that they charge.
Exactly. Well put.

As for debit cards, as far as I'm aware, these do NOT have the same % charge that credit cards have. At least, all the places I've ever read about it always say it's only applicable to credit cards.

andyB911 said:
riosingh said:
This is a geeky forum. Please express costs as a proportion of the price of a pint of Old Ducks Nipple real ale.

:p

Last time I went up the rub a dub (public drinking establishment) with some Jonathan Creeks (IT professionals) they were on the Ashi (tasteless over priced Japanese beer). :p

Back