Look At The Reordering This Way..

Chip said:
javaJake said:
Now, I hope we can all discuss this with an even keel. :)
Experience would indicate that that is wishful thinking, but I am willing to entertain the possibility that it could happen and leave this thread open.

I've cleaned out the more hotheaded and/or completely irrelevant replies. Here's hoping cooler heads can prevail.
Thanks Chip...
My apologies to all for starting this thread....
I've been on this forum since GOD created it.... and the whole he said she said reordered battle and put downs just got me in the wrong frame of mind.....thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Chip said:
javaJake said:
Now, I hope we can all discuss this with an even keel. :)
Experience would indicate that that is wishful thinking, but I am willing to entertain the possibility that it could happen and leave this thread open.

I've cleaned out the more hotheaded and/or completely irrelevant replies. Here's hoping cooler heads can prevail.

Thanks for clearing out the hot heads (damn hot heads, I love 'em :D ). When do you think you might be able to get an update on the credit card reorder question

since we seem to be using this thread to communicate with chip now:

..... might be an idea to add a big bold all CAPS sticky topic about there being no finished Pandora for the weekend, theres gonna be alot of flaming going on I'd imagine and it might save you a little grief :D

jdh2550 said:
When do you think you might be able to get an update on the credit card reorder question
The response I got was "It's not a problem, it is all being sorted out in the Protx system."

I can say with absolute certainty that you will not have to pay the same amount that you originally paid in USD. The amount you pay via CC will be based on either the rate from when you got your refund (you pay exactly what you got back, minus fees) or on the rate at the time the CC page goes live. I do not know exactly which, though personally I'm hoping for the latter.

You see, over the past few weeks, the GBP has continued to drop vs the USD, and is projected to continue to do so for the next month or so. So if you got refunded two weeks ago and the CC page shows up next week using the current rate, you will actually owe less than what you got back.

So worst case scenario, you will owe exactly the amount you were refunded. Best case, you will owe less than what you were refunded. You will definitely not owe more than you were refunded, unless your bank took out some large fee for themselves.

That is the official word on the matter, as explained (sort of) to me by the boss.

maxSteiner said:
might be an idea to add a big bold all CAPS sticky topic about there being no finished Pandora for the weekend, theres gonna be alot of flaming going on I'd imagine and it might save you a little grief :D
The company making the mats has assured that us that it is "in the mail". It might still show up tomorrow in time for pics this weekend. Then again, it might not show up till Monday or Tuesday.

hey

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Anyhows I'm actually wondering how it will be made so only those who originally made a preorder will beable to order. Maybe you will have to enter details of your original preorder, but I dunno.

But yea, I'm not conerned, I'm sure something will be figured out.

cyas

yosh64 said:
hey

Anyhows I'm actually wondering how it will be made so only those who originally made a preorder will beable to order. Maybe you will have to enter details of your original preorder, but I dunno.

cyas
Yes,
You need your original order number to continue with the reordering.
Did you get a refund/reorder email?
If you did, it referenced your original order number.

Originally _Sterling pretty much hammered the nail on the head but there are a couple of other reasons why some people will choose not to reorder right away.

Actually, we aren't re-preordering the Pandora. According to many people’s posts on here that haven’t been disputed, we are reinvesting in OpenPandora and the return on our investment is a Pandora from the first batch. I misunderstood this when I preordered...I mean invested. I made the assumption that if the Pandoras were scheduled to be manufactured a week after preorders, that they had all of the parts on hand and ready to go. Obviously, I was mistaken.

It's true that you may lose $50+ if you don't reinvest immediately but that is only if you don't ever reorder. If you reinvest, you are willingly risking the other $300 that you didn’t lose. If you wait for the second batch, the only thing you risk is currency fluctuation which has just as much chance to work in your favor as against it. I do plan on reordering when Pandora is actually sitting on the shelf, so to speak. In fact, I’ll probably be a little cranky between the time you guys get the first batch and I’m waiting for the second just to let you know ahead of time. :)

Lastly, I would guess that most people who don’t reinvest will be from the US and possibly Canada. We have certain expectations as customers in regards to the sellers that don’t seem to be the same over in the UK and in Europe. In America, a business knows that they have to do everything possible to make you a happy customer. Let me tell you a 100% true story.

One time, my wife and I went to eat at a restaurant called Applebee’s. I just ordered a simple chicken fingers platter but when I took my first bite, I could instantly tell that something was right. I spit the chicken out, looked at it and to my amazement, it was completely raw inside. I got the waiter’s attention and showed him the raw chicken. He instantly apologized and said that they would make up another order for me or something else if I didn’t want chicken fingers anymore. I told him that chicken fingers were fine and half-joked to make sure that they were cooked this time. Less than a minute later, the manager came over and also sincerely apologized for what had happened and told us that they weren’t going to charge us for our order. We thanked them and were totally cool with the whole situation. Hey, people make mistakes. No harm, no foul.

The moral of the story is this. Two people apologized for the mistake and you know what? Neither one was directly (or even indirectly) responsible for the incident. They never once blamed or even brought up the cook, who was obviously the one responsible. They apologized anyways because that is what Americans expect in situations like this. Often times we demand it. Without those apologies, especially if they were rude or intensive about the situation, I would have been royally ticked off and I certainly would have never eaten there again. We still eat at Applebee’s as much as anywhere else and to tell you the truth, I don’t ever remember the incident. It doesn’t even cross my mind when I’m there. They handled it correctly and made sure that I didn’t leave upset.

Craig and the Pandora team face a similar situation here, although at least they aren’t serving us potentially deadly food. Even if the bank and the currency fluctuations are to blame for the delays and the loss of money if you don’t reinvest respectively, Americans don’t want to hear them shoveling the blame on to something or someone else. Most of us were pretty much just expecting them to come out and apologize and accept the blame. The UK people here don’t seem to think anything of it and can’t understand why we are getting upset. I’m going to take an educated guess and say that this is pretty much par for the course in your part of the world and that’s fine. You guys are actually rallying behind them and are all ticked off at the bank. We don’t understand that at all, in fact, this whole situation has made it really easy to figure out which hemisphere everyone comes from before you even look at their time zone. This whole situation is pretty much just a misunderstanding between two groups of people who assume the other is thinking the same thing that they are when they’re not. It might sound crazy to you guys overseas but the Pandora team would gain back a lot of credibility with the North American customers if they just accepted the blame and made a public apology on this board (whether they felt responsible or not). That’s what people are really upset about.

Correct me if Im wrong, but haven't they apologized for the inconvenience? I could have sworn in the 256MB upgrade there was a, "sorry for the trouble" in there.

Im an American, don't generalize me with your sentiments. I don't expect free meals, maybe a discount or an "upgrade" from what I originally bought if there was a bump in the road.

Also, The Pandora isn't an investment. Electronics RARELY ever go UP in price. This purchase is a pre-order for entertainment to come. The only thing invested is our patience. Its been a long road. I'm upset that we might not see a completed pandora this weekend, but.. oh well. Office Party tomorrow and than the higher ups leave for holiday and some other employees. I have to see what I can do about HR because I want to get a Lan Party going at work :). We'll see how that turns out. What I am getting at is, try not to get too worked up and go to your hobby and unwind. Everything will be fine. Even IF you lost $300, it shouldn't be the end of the world. At least you would have been involved in a huge con that took years to develop. Though, if you think the Pandora is an "investment" maybe $300 is the end of the world for you? But than if money is that tight, should you really be spending your money on entertainment? It's one thing to be angry if everything wasn't adding up. But it's a silly con to REFUND peoples money just to have them re-order. Its a bumpy road, I get it and I know everyone is tired of hearing, "Are we there yet?" Hopefully we can see some landmarks that shows we are getting closer. Not too much longer now.

Anyway, I'm American. I voted for Ron Paul. I'm Upset but understanding and Im looking forward to the future. The Pandora will be the shit. The End.

hey

j.pickens: My point is what if someone is silly enough to try and preorder when they never did the first time, and so the transaction takes place, I guess they will be refunded.

But yea, you might even need more proof than just your order number also, dunno.

Anyhows lets just wait and see :), kinda a waste of time talking about it, hehe.

edit
BTW, thanks for your concern, although I still got my order number and such :).

cyas

Nice thread.
My estimation for now: Half a day till lock.
Peace!

/off topic /sarcasm /blabla

j.pickens said:
yosh64 said:
hey

cyas

Yes,
You need your original order number to continue with the reordering.
Did you get a refund/reorder email?
If you did, it referenced your original order number.What if you got refunded, but your email never showed up? Are you still 'in the system'? Should we hang round till it does?

I knew preordering was going to be painful, but the optimism about hitting targets and deadlines, while charming, is annoying.

I agree totally.

I mean, ofcourse updates would be cool. But who really cares. We all know when the fun starts.

I think the vast majority think like us. But the few who like to moan, tend to moan loudly.

Another months perhaps :D

Chip said:
jdh2550 said:
When do you think you might be able to get an update on the credit card reorder question
The response I got was "It's not a problem, it is all being sorted out in the Protx system."

I can say with absolute certainty that you will not have to pay the same amount that you originally paid in USD. The amount you pay via CC will be based on either the rate from when you got your refund (you pay exactly what you got back, minus fees) or on the rate at the time the CC page goes live.

So worst case scenario, you will owe exactly the amount you were refunded. Best case, you will owe less than what you were refunded. You will definitely not owe more than you were refunded, unless your bank took out some large fee for themselves.

That is the official word on the matter, as explained (sort of) to me by the boss.

Thanks for the update Chip - much appreciated - and this is the best scenario possible.

mali said:
There is the problem with the reference-link again.
If you want to refer to Chip's post use this link:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...mp;#entry678893

coolness good to see something uplifting .. after my less then stelar evening :>

BTW .. my refund finally dropped it was significantly less than what went out but i was expecting that as i ordered early got refunded at damn near the worst time , and apparently didnt get any transaction fees refunded :> but like i said i was expecting that ... but heres the kicker as i was going over the account with the teller she informed me the transaction was flagged for checking, seems there were a few Pandora orders at my bank and all the refunds tripped thier fraud investigation routines :> (here in the US banks are incredibly jumpy about that stuff and this time of year thier even worse about it, incase your not aware.. i informed her not to worry it was legit just a misunderstanding with another bank(she said she'd note it and pass it along) , but in the mean time ill probably have to reorder off a different card :>

gp32rich said:
What if you got refunded, but your email never showed up? Are you still 'in the system'? Should we hang round till it does?
You can see a copy of the email http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=45104&hl=]here[/url]: If you have been refunded you are in the system. You can re-order by bank transfer or sit tight with the rest of us and wait for the CC re-order page. If you are really concerned you could reply to your original order confirmation.

mmalficia said:
...but heres the kicker as i was going over the account with the teller she informed me the transaction was flagged for checking, seems there were a few Pandora orders at my bank and all the refunds tripped thier fraud investigation routines...

So to sum up:
Idiot bank insists on refunds then won't process them promptly. Then when someone tries to make refunds another idiot bank assumes this must be fraudulent - as fraudsters frequently give refunds. <_<

TaG said:
Idiot bank insists on refunds then won't process them promptly. Then when someone tries to make refunds another idiot bank assumes this must be fraudulent - as fraudsters frequently give refunds. <_<

heh something like that honestly all they will prolly do is get in touch with the other bank and go WTF?, just they wont actualy make the funds available till its cleared up, witch is why its not showing on my balance yet ..

shrug rather have em be safe than have a real issue some day i guess....

Phawx said:
Correct me if Im wrong, but haven't they apologized for the inconvenience? I could have sworn in the 256MB upgrade there was a, "sorry for the trouble" in there.
Yes, they said I'm sorry...right before blaming everything on the bank. That was my point. If the manager came out and said "sorry, my cook is an idiot and just doesn't get it", it wouldn't have had the same effect. It wouldn't have sounded as sincere. I just think that this bugged a lot of people even if they couldn't pinpoint exactly what it was that upset them. That's part of that cultural diversity that I was talking about. Plus, I highly doubt that the SoC upgrade was only done to be nice about the bank refunds. The Pandora team wants the best product they can get out there. They would’ve done this as long as they hadn’t started to use the older ones yet and not too much changed on the new one. Not that I don’t appreciate this, I think Pandora will benefit greatly from it.

Phawx said:
Im an American, don't generalize me with your sentiments. I don't expect free meals, maybe a discount or an "upgrade" from what I originally bought if there was a bump in the road.
The irony of this block of text is absolutely hilarious!

And I never expected a free meal. They did that on their own. I never asked for one or even got angry to prompt one.

Phawx said:
Also, The Pandora isn't an investment.
You obviously haven’t been reading some of the other threads. Either that or you didn’t take offense when other people said it. They seemed to think that I should’ve known this when I preordered

Phawx said:
What I am getting at is, try not to get too worked up and go to your hobby and unwind. Everything will be fine. Even IF you lost $300, it shouldn't be the end of the world. At least you would have been involved in a huge con that took years to develop. Though, if you think the Pandora is an "investment" maybe $300 is the end of the world for you? But than if money is that tight, should you really be spending your money on entertainment? It's one thing to be angry if everything wasn't adding up. But it's a silly con to REFUND peoples money just to have them re-order. Its a bumpy road, I get it and I know everyone is tired of hearing, "Are we there yet?" Hopefully we can see some landmarks that shows we are getting closer. Not too much longer now.
Whoa, I’m going to have to go back and read my post again and try to figure out how you interpreted any of this from it. Just to clarify, losing $300 wouldn’t be the end of the world for me and I’ve been lucky so far because money isn’t really tight just yet. Even so, I can think of a lot of cool things that I could drop 300 bucks on right now if I wanted to.

Phawx said:
Anyway, I'm American. I voted for Ron Paul. I'm Upset but understanding and Im looking forward to the future. The Pandora will be the shit. The End.
:blink:

Dunny said:
Frogboy said:
Hey, people make mistakes. No harm, no foul.
I think you meant to say "no fowl" there.

D.

:lol:

Back