I second that, if the CC orders are mainly because they want some protection, well W8 until the pandora is boxed on amazon, wall mart or whatever retailer and pay then up with your CC or whatever buyers protection you want.Mithrildor said:My solution:
Pay by bank transfer.
Pay by tranzfers
Or don't reorder again and wait till second batch when you CAN use CC
EDIT: Craigix or Chip could make a American bank account for the pandora to give the american people smaller fees for bank transfers. I only had to pay 6 euro for a international bank transfer, but 30 dollar looks way to much.
Whilst I voted to indicate I'd prefer those waiting to pay by CC should wait for banking issues to be resolved, the gift certificate option is certainly better than the CD option, because if the worst happens and the Pandora can't be produced, at least you'll have a voucher for GBAX, which you could use to get a Wiz, or maybe with some special T&C for these pre-order gift vouchers that ensures you'll be legally entitled to get a refund on the gift vouchers.stustaff said:therefore the CD/gift certificate option is just as insecure as a Bank transfer so doesnt resolve the main issue for many CC people.
Yep, it will be a cold day in hell before I order something via bank transfer ... that's soo damn 20th century and just screams "fraud".Alpha2 said:Again for many people in the US, Bank Transfers are not something people do on a regular bassis for a simple purchase, it's unfamiliar and people just want the convience of the CC order (and by association the security) rather than having to perform an action they're unfamiliar with.
Indeed, I really wish people would stop implying that we're accusing craig or other the devs of fraud. In the US, we don't have the kind of regulatory protection that they do in many other parts of the developed world, and topping that with the cross borderness of it, there's any number of ways that it could go wrong without malfeasance on the part of Craig.Alpha2 said:Again for many people in the US, Bank Transfers are not something people do on a regular bassis for a simple purchase, it's unfamiliar and people just want the convience of the CC order (and by association the security) rather than having to perform an action they're unfamiliar with.
Unfortunately it is now clear that this 30 day CC re-ordering window for the 1st batch is not possible. See here:hedwards said:Edit: And I'm not sure that it's really wise to sort based upon payment method. Ultimately you do get 30 days, and even then you don't have to be within the window, just expect to be. And the amount of time that it's going to take to put the items together is going to be somewhat less than 30 days anyways once the parts are available.
craigix said:There is nothing we can do here, I've been down every route, things are very different to a few years ago in regards to merchant numbers. Two banks have said they are willing to review this situation in 4-6 months time (ie when we are more established in their eyes).
So that's how long the CC situation will take.
See here:hedwards said:At this point not having seen Craig or anybody official say that they're not going to be able to finish enough of the units to get it done, I'd put this to speculation.
craigix said:Preorders - we need preorders to pay for the manufacturing costs of the Pandora. I don't think we have claimed we had enough money to cover the first batch without preorders, I'm not sure where this has come from, possibly because we have said we have paid for the parts, but parts do not = manufacturing costs.
If we could cover the manufacture we would have never needed a preorder system.