Look At The Reordering This Way..

Frogboy said:
Phawx said:
Anyway, I'm American. I voted for Ron Paul. I'm Upset but understanding and Im looking forward to the future. The Pandora will be the shit. The End.
:blink:

:blink:

where did that even come from?
but hey, screw every single government institution- after all, who needs 'order' or 'laws' or 'product testing'

Frogboy said:
Craig and the Pandora team face a similar situation here, although at least they aren’t serving us potentially deadly food. Even if the bank and the currency fluctuations are to blame for the delays and the loss of money if you don’t reinvest respectively, Americans don’t want to hear them shoveling the blame on to something or someone else. Most of us were pretty much just expecting them to come out and apologize and accept the blame. The UK people here don’t seem to think anything of it and can’t understand why we are getting upset. I’m going to take an educated guess and say that this is pretty much par for the course in your part of the world and that’s fine. You guys are actually rallying behind them and are all ticked off at the bank. We don’t understand that at all, in fact, this whole situation has made it really easy to figure out which hemisphere everyone comes from before you even look at their time zone. This whole situation is pretty much just a misunderstanding between two groups of people who assume the other is thinking the same thing that they are when they’re not. It might sound crazy to you guys overseas but the Pandora team would gain back a lot of credibility with the North American customers if they just accepted the blame and made a public apology on this board (whether they felt responsible or not). That’s what people are really upset about.
Exactly, and what leads more misunderstanding for some of the things is the apparently very hollow reasons for re orders. Officially, they change from official update to update and none of them were very sound either, and some of the stuff sounds like pure bullshit, like the whole 'the bank got back at us by charging even more money for refunds' thing. whether or not these statements sound like/are bullshit i still ordered because I've been on the forums for a while, but it's very obvious how anyone who came because of the pandora would get scared off

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to put a shout out to my bankers at WAMU, I told them what was up, and they refunded me the $20 int'l transfer fee. They F*ing rock.

If I said my last sentence out loud, it would have made sense. The grammar is messy, but meh, fail I guess.

It doesn't matter, I apologize if it came off the wrong way, I was merely trying to imply that I dislike being pigeonholed. You can't just say it's cultural differences and every American feels this way.

Also, I should have bolded, "maybe"? Than the sentence wouldn't seem ironic? Maybe, how I am saying it in my head isn't coming off as ironic. I really need to develop my vocabulary to pass inflection better.

Phawx said:
If I said my last sentence out loud, it would have made sense. The grammar is messy, but meh, fail I guess.
That's okay. It happens to the best of us sometimes.

Phawx said:
It doesn't matter, I apologize if it came off the wrong way, I was merely trying to imply that I dislike being pigeonholed. You can't just say it's cultural differences and every American feels this way.
I tried to use phrases like "most Americans" and things like that to avoid this kind of reaction. When you generalize about a large group of people, there are going to be some that don't fit the mold. Sorry for the misunderstanding. That wasn't my intention.

Phawx said:
Also, I should have bolded, "maybe"? Than the sentence wouldn't seem ironic? Maybe, how I am saying it in my head isn't coming off as ironic. I really need to develop my vocabulary to pass inflection better.
Just came off as funny when I read it. Sounded like, "I don't expect free food, just discounts or upgrades". It almost seemed to validate my point.

Miscommunication happens a lot on these forums too. When you read someone elses post, it's sometimes difficult to tell if they're calm and collective or ready to flip out. I tend to stay in the former but I can tell that sometimes others don't get that impression after they read something I post. I think I need to use more smilies or something. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back