What I''m Thinking About The Pandora These Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a fine opinion to have, it's similar to my opinion.
Just come back after summer and buy a second-batch Pandora. They'll have worked things out by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Keyaku' said:
who, me? Im just saying that Pandora selling way ain't really safe and I'm showing off some cases
I'm not really following the logic behind your post claiming to show these "cases." You don't have to read the forums everyday to get an idea of what the status of the project is and where we stand as far as banking, assembly, and shipping. Just check the blog entries, the stickies, and even the unofficial blog. It would take you no time at all to find the info you have asked. Not to mention the majority of things you are inquiring about have even been mentioned in this thread. I'll assume English may not be your first language, and I can feel for you on that one, my Arabic is horrible compared to those with the native tongue. But I know enough about speech and dialect to at least make a feeble attempt at not insulting something you are trying to get information about. Spend a few minutes and search the site. Or take the easy route and read the blog entries. Best of luck to you.

Not sure what the problem is... I emailed openpandorasales for details about ordering one of the canceled units, received an answer, sent a completely standard cheque in CAD via air mail, it cleared, I have order confirmation, I am officially a Pandora preorderer. It wasn't that hard, provided one of the numerous currencies they accept will suffice.

It seemed like it would be a long-winded process, but when I found they accepted Canadian dollars in the form of a personal cheque, it suddenly became very easy. All this online shopping has spoiled us.

Now it's time for...

'APOSTROPHE EXPLOSION!!'

If the staff at openpandora are not replying to your emails, it is probably because they think you are a lunatic who is wasting their time.

When everyone else emails them, they usually reply within a couple of hours - even during unsociable hours.

I guess they just don't like you very much.

3010374907_ce1178c416.jpg

'Xian Long' said:
'darkblu' said:
is it the weekend yet?

*checks calendar*

oh dear.
what does the weekend have to do with useless threads?

Because Debbie and Jaculean might want to, like, have time off?

'Xian Long' said:
well, there is a scientifically-proven correlation between the two. i.e. useless forum activity is on the rise during the weekends. all around the globe. i thought everybody knew that.

'darkblu' said:
'Xian Long' said:
well, there is a scientifically-proven correlation between the two. i.e. useless forum activity is on the rise during the weekends. all around the globe. i thought everybody knew that.

Sorry, I did not know that. I will have to do more research on the increased amount of useless forum activity during weekends. (such as right here)

'Keyaku' said:
Just forget it. It was just my opinion
You know really what? Nevermind this gibberish. I just wann heck know how the hell am I supposed to pay if I know that nobody will take my e-mail and how the hell am I gonna phone these guys when I'm supposed to be busy. Also, please gimme the exact price of all this so that I can make my bank transfer ASAP.

Thanks for understanding
Which email are you using because my request for information took exactly a day, possibly less. Also is you question being asked in a easy to understand manner and without accusations or bad language? If so have you checked your Email Spam folder to make sure the reply didnt end up there instead? It could be that they`re dealing with hundreds of other emails right now too because of the reorder issues, trying to lock down which orders are paid for and who is still even planning on buying their's as there were many who backed out and didnt even bother to make their feelings known.

The unique nature of the pandora is it`s biggest strength and it`s biggest hinderance at the same time. It`s designed to be a wonderful little device but the way it was designed and built is keeping it from being sold in a traditional manner which is why it`s not sold on amazon or why you cant use creditcards. This doesnt make it a scam, just something that most financial entities dont have a fair way of dealing with.

Hey there,

I understand that English isn't your first language.

This isn't a scam, people don't get refunds in scams.

The girls answer questions. I'm moving next month, so they even answer specifics.

I suggest the gmail option mentioned previously, sign up for an account and send an email to see if you can get in on the first batch. If you trust the project, otherwise, just wait and save yourself a few headaches. Not that this is a headache, but the manufacturing process has been anything but painless since September 30th, 2008.

This community has a good heart, but will jump down your throat for coming at them crooked.

Peace

Link

'atomicthumbs' said:
\I'''''''\m ha\v\i\in\g trou'ble reading that\\\
*Ahem* Yeah, can we get this fixed already? It may not make the original post more intelligent, but it will make it (and the responses) more readable.

'Monk' said:
Although OpenPandora have apparently issued all refunds, amex users cash got stuck int he banking system somewhere. I'm not blaming Amex myself, but this hasn't happeend with other credit cards ;)

OpenPandora have promised to honor Amex card orders for customer swho have not received their payments back, and I am unsure how problems with Amex or the Banking system should be defined as OpenPandora's problem directly, but that is my very best guess as to who Keyaku is referring to. If not Amex users then... I'm lost on who he/she/it means :(
Amex blows for international stuff.

I know a lot of Canadian companies stopped taking Amex. Visa, Mastercard, etc. are fine, but Amex is absolutely horrible. :D

I suggest you avoid them if possible.

I use Apple's MobileMe, is there any problem with that?

'Keyaku' said:
I use Apple's MobileMe, is there any problem with that?
We dont know. All we do know is that sometimes spam filters do odd and unpredictable things. I dont think you should be expecting a response over the weekend though, the weather is too nice in the UK for them to be working! Remember this is a forum, not your personal interface to the team (and they might be busy if there has been another rush of orders come in).

I saved up my 's to keep my post tidier...

I'm getting a bit fed up by all this whining. This is an open console in development by a couple of nice (non-commercial) guys and a community. You all knew this when you ordered, seriously, I don't see how one can complain. Of course there have been delays, now these delays happened to be pretty major, but that's a risk you had to take when joining. This isn't some mainstream big-company commercial product, the whole preorder thingy should have told you that. If you can't stand being a part of an amazing in-progress project, then you should you should have went for the PSP, DS or some of the new UMPCs. I'm sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but I'm just don't understanding what's up with complaining about the delays, it shouldn't have been completely unexpected and the team are doing the best they can.
For all others, just keep patience, the moment is soon to be! :)

Bring at least 200 cases then be suspicious. There will always be a few problems to begin with, but it's only bad if there are hundreds of problems. In the end OpenPandora Limited will fix it all. (except for the n00bs who "are frightened by loud noises and sudden movements")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back