Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Went without meals

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.2%

• Total voters

NoKtPapilio

Still Fresh
I guess this is a slightly similar to the poll where the op was curious about the general age range of Pandora customers. I was curious how everybody came up with that kind of money. Did you have to make sacrifices, or was the money pretty much just handed to you?

I sold my hair, my plasma, and some of my stuff on ebay to get one. I don't mean this to be offensive, and I'm sorry in advance if me posting this is a bother. =/

it was to be my christmas present last year... needless to say it was a sucky christmas, of which there had better not be a repeat [i know i'm in the first 1000, but i'm honesty pretty worried].

EDIT: Wait wait, Plasma as in TV or plasma as in blood?

I'm a firm believer that if you can't afford something outright, you shouldn't buy it. (My hypocritical self has both car and mortgage payments every other week :p)

Consequence9 said:
it was to be my christmas present last year... needless to say it was a sucky christmas, of which there had better not be a repeat [i know i'm in the first 1000, but i'm honesty pretty worried].

Plasma as in blood lol. Not fun sitting in a cold room with no hair. =/
I'm sorry your last xmas was bad. Hope this one will be better =]

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
I'm a firm believer that if you can't afford something outright, you shouldn't buy it. (My hypocritical self has both car and mortgage payments every other week :p )

I feel the same way; I did a good job by paying for my car all at once, but I didn't think I could pass up the pandora

WizardStan said:
I'm a firm believer that if you can't afford something outright, you shouldn't buy it.

I'm glad OP don't agree with you.

typs lik dis said:
I'm glad OP don't agree with you.
Your statement is a little ambiguous. Either you think OP wants people to pay for something they can't afford, or you think OP couldn't afford the Pandora project. The first may be true, but I hope it isn't; the second isn't true, if you count Craig's house as "money". Or you're intentionally trying to take what I said in a poor context in order to stir up trouble.

I'm 16 (was 15 then, my birthday's in Dec.) and I did have to nag my parents, but I used mainly my own money and my grandma gave me a little to pay the rest.

I ran a few confidence games. Do orphans really need new cloths?

I'm 16 also, I was going to get a class ring with the money I had but decided to get this instead (i personally think that having something that can emulate the dreamcast is worth alot more than some stupid ring).

If there weren't so many delays I wouldn't be getting a pandora :D

I would promise to record youtube videos of it with my hotshot camera if it resulted in it coming earlier.

But what did I do for it? I paid for it.

NoKtPapilio said:
Consequence9 said:

Plasma as in blood lol. Not fun sitting in a cold room with no hair. =/
I'm sorry your last xmas was bad. Hope this one will be better =]
You're kidding... you seriously sold blood plasma? That's hardcore! haha

I just did without decent groceries for a month or so. Was a pretty crappy month, eating mostly spaghetti noodles and various leftovers, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. :p

I had to sell my phones, samsung i760 and moto q9c, went without a few meals (with friends ie. McDonald's) I still ate food obviously, And it took me a while to aquire so Ive been saving during delays.

I killed annoying kids next door, made bratwursts of them and sold them at my own bratwurst stall. Their parents loved them. Yum yum!

Back