What If This Is All Just A Big Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
Before you read this topic i want you to know, that im making this topic becouse i got scammed before, by a site trust worthy. i lost 421 euro becouse of that. thats about 550 dollar. i just want to erase all my fears.

Ok here goes the topic:

What if this is all a scam? I mean, no offense to evildragon and craigx, but what if their pandora is just a cheap device that does streaming a desktop pc to the "pandora" so you think its real?
Or what if they make one for themselfs, and then run with your money? since most people pay with their bank account, its usally not possible to reverse the transfer...
I just wanna erase all my fears about being scammed again...
What im happy about, is that zodttd and more people got a pandora devboard, and i dont think zodttd is a person who would lie. And more devs got a board so i dont think they'l all be lieing.

But still, im making this topic, to hopefully receive some reply's, that take away my fears so i wont be nervous tommorow. (tommorow im gonna order:D ) becouse i dont wanna lose such a pile of money again.

Thanks, and please dont flame the topic or something else like that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
No flaming from me, but consider this. These guys have been running businesses in this community for at least five or six years - if they wanted to scam anyone, I suspect they would have done it by now, instead of running excellent businesses with excellent service (even going out of their way to support the products of other companies) for many years. ;)

First, to prove my identity: I have a SSH-certificate and a 2048-bit GNUPG certificate that is used on various sites that I can provide for you (if you REALLY need to know who I am). Just to reasure you that I'm not craigix with another account.
Now, I've been on this project for some time, since July last year, and I think that the OP team can be trusted, based on these facts:
- The devs have a background in the GP32X-community and have always been trustworthy there
- ED runs a shop for various devices and therefore would be capable of selling such a device as the Pandora.
- MWeston (correct me if I'm wrong) seems to be a very competent chip designer and can have developed the Pandora motherboard.
- If this was indeed a scam, why would they have made so many artificial delays? They have surely lost customers because of that.
- We know quite alot about the devs. We could pinpoint CraigIx's house by looking at the environment and the moon's phase and position compared to the time his latest video was taken (it's possible through disguised metadata + we have the youtube date) if it came down to that :p . This would make it possible for InterPol to track these people down if they were to scam us. Not a very bright situation for them if they did, then, eh?
- We have seen the hardware in detail, including the whole motherboard, all it's components, various faults that the boards have had (remember that shipment of boards where the boards were bent?) etc. It would be very difficult to genuinely stage all that. The components required to put together such staged items would be quite expensive by themselves.
- We have the various videos from conferences/conventions where Pandora prototypes have been shown to people. Those people can't all have been bribed, so there has to have been a genuine Pandora at those occasions.

I'm at least convinced.

'borgqueenx' said:
What if this is all a scam? I mean, no offense to evildragon and craigx, but what if their pandora is just a cheap device that does streaming a desktop pc to the "pandora" so you think its real?
Then you are screwed. They have your money and there is nothing you can do about it.

Luckily for you, this is not the case. As the countless videos and third party accounts of the hardware prove, the Pandora is entirely real. Topic closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back