Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredAccount

Still Fresh
ashdjones said:
jmetal88 said:
Gruso said:
CC_machine said:
am i the only one annoyed by the "buy now before any are manufactured at all or wait til Janurary for your unit" situation here?
No, but that doesn't make your annoyance reasonable.
Doesn't make it unreasonable either. Unfounded, perhaps, since we have no idea how the situation will actually work out, but not unreasonable by any means, since this is a situation that may very well happen.

It seems to me like it might be illegal (don't know, i'm not trading standards).

At least one very similar project to this turned out be a scam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_200LX#Japan

3000 x £200 = £600,000 or $1,119,863

Isn't this getting a little suspicious? If I wake up on Christmas morning and I see that no gift is under the tree for me, I'm going to be angry. I sincerely hope this is not the case but if I turn on my TV one day and see that some guy in Britain has stolen $1,119,863 from hopeful people that pre-ordered his product, what's going to happen to all of us? Please, please Craig give us some proof this is not a scam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but now that preordering is over i dont think it matters.

Yes its a scam, haha and you fell for it!

*runs away with money*

Fry_Guy1440 said:
Isn't this getting a little suspicious? If I wake up on Christmas morning and I see that no gift is under the tree for me, I'm going to be angry. I sincerely hope this is not the case but if I turn on my TV one day and see that some guy in Britain has stolen $1,119,863 from hopeful people that pre-ordered his product, what's going to happen to all of us? Please, please Craig give us some proof this is not a scam.
While this is in no way proof, there are much quicker and easier ways to scam than to keep a whole community busy for over a year. And that is not even regarding all the extra work now with the pre-order stuff. Heck, if all the talented dev's worked full time for over a year they could probably make more.

I'm not worried.

Fry_Guy1440 said:
Don't be silly... a guy in Britain has no need for dollars... I doubt it's a scam... if it is it's a very elaborate one...

Vimacs said:
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but now that preordering is over i dont think it matters.

Yes its a scam, haha and you fell for it!
*runs away with money*

LOL, Brilliant! :lol: Of course its not a scam! I fully expected it to be like this, i actually find all these steps towards getting the final product quite entertaining, not to mention educational :)

Craig has been an integral part of the GP32/GP2X scene for years and years, so it's that reputation that many people are trusting (me included).

I'm pretty positive there's no scam, but could there be further delays and issues to be confronted? Maybe...

Yes, Craig has scammed you. It cost him nearly £600,000 to do it with the multiple versions of PCBs, components, cases, flights, etc, etc, but it was money well spent.

You people knew that there was a high degree of uncertainty involved when you ordered (no existing prototypes). If you were not willing to take a risk, why didn't you just wait for the second or third batch? And besides, even if it is deliverd as planned in early December, it may turn out you do not like the final design of the handheld at all or the software is buggy and not much use yet. You may be dissapointed even then. You do not even know exaxtly what you have ordered! This is a handheld that must improve over time. If you do not have the patience or do not like the whole idea of it being an "experiment", you had better chosen a different gadget for Christmas in my opinion. One that is already a mature product and that you can just buy off the shelves.

Sphinxter said:
What an ass, Craigx is busy. You don't even have a complaint until the end of November.
Guys, im not trying to tell you that it is a scam, but i am just a little shook up from this paypal thing. i read that post that i quoted in the beginning, went to wikipedia, and got a little worried. I am just saying that i would like to see a prototype or something.

-If this post has angered anyone like sphinxter, i apologize

No one has to prove anything to you.
If you think it is a scam, be on your merry way and quit bothering us.
There already has been plenty of threads like this, use the search button and do some work for yourself.

Oh God, enough of this already.

Like prophet stated, Craig is an integral part of this community. You *do* realize that if he were to scam us, he's be out of business, right? The amount of bad publicity would scare away *all* of his business.

Please use common sense, I'm so sick of hearing people bitch and moan. Also, if you used a fucking credit card, and this actually turned out to be a scam, don't you think gp32x.de forums would be sufficient evidence to initiate a chargeback?

Could an admin please delete this topic? I am sorry i created this and once again apologize. I just got a little scared and wanted to make sure that i wasnt going to be out $400

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back