Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Included in Pyra OS

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

ible

professional vim user
i see Pyra OS (Debian GNU/Linux) as a possible overlap, like "how do i do this in linux?" (i have at least one such question in my pocket, and i hear @Grench has another...)

is it possible to expand the scope of that forum to include general Linux questions, like naming it: "GNU/Linux and the Pyra OS (Debian)"

or would it be better to have it as a different subforum altogether? (*nix Questions/Howto)

In case of Pyra successor, a separate forum might be appropriate, though you can always transmute the name of the forum to "GNU/Linux and the Pyra 2 OS".

I voted for separate forum; it would make more sense to me to have this under 'development section', 'other consoles' or perhaps 'off-topic'. But then again, there will inevitably be quite a lot of overlap between the Pyra help questions and this differently focussed forum (no hardware questions, but a lot of the software queries might apply to both), so there might be a moderation burden on doing this, so I'd like mod input on this.

My opinion is to keep this Pyra specific and as the PyraOS is Debian Linux we should encourage the use of their official wikis instead of cluttering the internet more with information that will end up being outdated.

So "no" for additional sub forum.

So all of us should register on the debian forum now?
I noticed that for example ubuntu spin off forums work better than the official one, so i am against using the debian forum.
The wiki however....

I suppose it is better to keep it in Pyra OS, so random people googling for linux things will find out about the Pyra...

certainly, if the answers people get here are nice and helpful, it wouldn't be bad advertising for the Pyra :)

Back