Liverpool Enter The Champions League Final

OH MY FUCKING GOD, WHAT A GAME!!!

That seriously must be the best game ive seen all season, im not even a liverpool fan by the longest stretch of the imagination, but jesus christ!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I think, all those who were present in my lounge tonight, will never forget tonight! They will all say 'We were there'!"

:D :blink: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Wow...that a game. Liverpool didn't play the most attractive football but they showed a resolve that was sorely lacking from the Milan side in the second half. In the end, well deserved.

Liverpool...champions of Europe! :blink:

Well, I just got back from Istanbul today.

This trip, this game, this victory has been the best thing in my life - ever. I will live off this joy until the day I die.

Now that really was a once in a lifetime game. A 3-0 fightback against a team known for its experience at the back. No longer will that United smash and grab victory be talked about in such high esteem, this is the game that defined, yet challenged the boundaries of European football. All finals will be compared to this.

The emotion and the fandom of being there was fantastic, pity Istanbul was a bit of a....ahem. Nice stadium though....if you can get to it.

Anyway, here's some pictues from my crappy digital camera so excuse the quality, better ones will be up soon.

Istanbul May 25th - CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL

There's a couple in there of Malta on the way home.

grooveholmes, I think I'm the only one from the boards who went.

I was a bit concerned before I travelled, as I'd never been to Istanbul before and obviously there's been a bit of hitory involving football in Istanbul.

In the end, there was nothing to worry about. Istanbul itself is a really great place, and the stadium was fantastic (especially seeing it when walking up) - but getting there to the Stadium was a real pain in the arse. One road to the stadium and a long walk across the outside of the stadium which was basically a building site was not good.

The taxi driver getting there was a legend, great speed and the Turkish fans on the roadside holding up flags and support in general were excllent - really added to the atmosphere.

I was flying in and out of Ataturk Airport, which was essentially the Milan aiport. No trouble there either, we mixed well, even though we could'nt understand each other....and even if there was some trouble (which there wasn't), the Turkish police were well placed.

It was a great night, the best there has ever been.

Thanks to Istanbul for the great memories...even if that road was crap.

Cheers for the pics!!!! Am so jealous!

It was a night non of us will ever forget! The feeling i had when Dudeck saved that last penalty.... incredible. i cant think of it without getting tears in my eyes.

thats why we love sport. no film play opera can match that drama!

amazing.....

ps. sorry bout the typing, but have a baby on my lap. she watched the match, loved it too....

304831_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Tho' your dreams be tossed and blown.
Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.

Walk on, walk on with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone,
You'll never, ever walk alone.

1105691094960rafael_benitez.jpg

305182_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg

_41187727_gerrardtrophpa203.jpg

_41191045_dog.jpg

_41191041_square.jpg

Attachments

• 304831_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg
    304831_MEDIUMLANDSCAPE.jpg
    304 bytes · Views: 109
grooveholmes:

I've got a quesiton for you.

I bought a Galatasaray cushion (I collect football cushions) while I was in Istanbul.

It has printed on it something like 'seri seciyovum', I cant make out what it is, and Google brings up nothing.

I was told by the Turkish guy it means I love you or something...is this correct and why is this on a Galatasaray cushion...is it just like something to give to a loved one with the galatasaray emblem on it or is it something deeper within the club?

Thanks.

Back