Local Multiplayer (Not Sure If Its The Right Term)

SHEEPGODODOOM

Still Fresh
Is multiplayer possible on the pandora via 2 usb controllers and a tv out?

the thing would literally ensure you were never bored again with the ability to take it anywhere, hook it up to a tv, and have access to countless old school multiplayer masterpieces like fighting games or mario kart. :)

alright i was pretty sure already but im a total stranger to the larger emulator scene and linux things in general so i have no idea what i don't know haha

*does the haduken thumb stretches*

this is new for me, is this why the USB mini port was placed? to get a link cable?
or wut is it for, asked twice bef and no one answered? anyway it would be more wise to use BT or wifi on this era

has anyone dev some kind of paandora easy link? for bt

DroneB Dev said:
this is new for me, is this why the USB mini port was placed? to get a link cable?
or wut is it for, asked twice bef and no one answered? anyway it would be more wise to use BT or wifi on this era

What? Link cable? I thought this was about two people playing on the same pandora with external controllers and a TV.

Last edited by a moderator:
B-ZaR said:
DroneB Dev said:

What? Link cable? I thought this was about two people playing on the same pandora with external controllers and a TV.

Yeah, that's kind of what I got from it, too...

DroneB Dev said:

The mini USB is just there as a general connectivity option. Like most mini USB ports, you can use it to charge the battery, and transfer files between Pandora & PC. Or use it with an OTG adaptor, and it becomes a second host port. Full info on Pandora's USB options here: http://pandorawiki.org/USB

As for what we're talking about here, what B-Zar said. No system link cables or anything like that.

Yes, I think the #local# multiplayer will be great! I'm hoping that two WII controllers will work nicely - mind you, I need 4 buttons for SNES....hmm, may have to rethink.

Miner49er said:
Yes, I think the #local# multiplayer will be great! I'm hoping that two WII controllers will work nicely - mind you, I need 4 buttons for SNES....hmm, may have to rethink.
Classic controllers?

It would be easier to just use a 360 or a ps3 controller. I think someone got a ps3 controller to work with the pandora if I remember correctly

Yigguth said:
It would be easier to just use a 360 or a ps3 controller. I think someone got a ps3 controller to work with the pandora if I remember correctly

360 Controller doesn't use BT if i remember correctly :S

SHEEPGODODOOM said:
Is multiplayer possible on the pandora via 2 usb controllers and a tv out?

the thing would literally ensure you were never bored again with the ability to take it anywhere, hook it up to a tv, and have access to countless old school multiplayer masterpieces like fighting games or mario kart. :)

you could use wireless bluetooth controllers too. hey... what do the current concole wireless controllers currently use? hell if they are on bluetooth already surely, as far as the controller is concerned, the pandora could emulate a PS3/xbox etc to pick up and use the wireless controller...

r00tw00t said:
Yigguth said:

360 Controller doesn't use BT if i remember correctly :S

get a wired xbox 360 controller should work great providing theres a driver for it...
Ps3 and wii both use bluetooth controllers
might have to invest in a ps3 controller :p that would be great when the beefier emulators come along.

awww how cute http://www.amazon.co...54996126&sr=1-9

Mr Poletski said:
hey... what do the current concole wireless controllers currently use? hell if they are on bluetooth already surely, as far as the controller is concerned, the pandora could emulate a PS3/xbox etc to pick up and use the wireless controller...

Or you could read the thread, or search the Internet and find out.

Wii uses standard bluetooth and the controllers have had Linux drivers for years (year?) now.
Xbox 360 doesn't use Bluetooth at all
PS3 uses something weird that might be Bluetooth, but is a little bit different, I haven't heard anything about it..

This is what I might work I guess:
http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixlinux.en.html

Not sure though

edit: oh that is how to get sixaxis work in bt. nvm

Trevsweb said:
get a wired xbox 360 controller should work great providing theres a driver for it...

My advice on this is don't. While there are drivers for the wired 360 controller in the current linux kernel. The DPAD is total shit, it does not register "rolling" from one direction to the next. I.E. if you're pressing down, and roll your thumb to right, the gamepad is still sending down to the game. You have to actually lift your thumb off of down and then press right. Needless to say, Fighting games + 360 controller = instant lose. Third part 360 controllers might not have this behavior, and if you get a original XBOX controller and hack a USB connector on the end, the DPAD on it does not suffer this problem.

r00tw00t said:
This is what I might work I guess:
http://www.pabr.org/sixlinux/sixlinux.en.html

Not sure though

edit: oh that is how to get sixaxis work in bt. nvm

Maybe a bit off-topic, but there's also one more straight-forward solution (for sixaxis over bt):
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtsixa/

I use it on Ubuntu. Very useful.

A quick question: Will usb-hubs be supported, so that I could use more than two controllers? Because Secret of Mana :) )
Edit: I guess they will, judging from the wiki.

Back