av tv video out cable

mcgregor25

Still Fresh
A major selling point for me was the ability to have a potable gaming device that I could take anywhere and plug into a televison.

But is it true the tv out cable will not be manufactured until a certain number are ordered?

Is there another way to hook the pandora to a tv? Possibly via another company's cable or some home brew method?

Also will it be easy (plug and play) to use any external usb gamepad when using most emulators, or will there be extra drivers and compatibility issues?

Funny, we're currently working on this and will probably start production of the cable within the next days :)

Funny, we're currently working on this and will probably start production of the cable within the next days :)

hi ED, i'am in the latest places of batch 1 (3800-3900), is that mean i will receive my pandora with my tv cable or does it take more delay? (or separate send ... even i really doubdt about this)

hi ED, i'am in the latest places of batch 1 (3800-3900), is that mean i will receive my pandora with my tv cable or does it take more delay? (or separate send ... even i really doubdt about this)

You should get it with your Pandora.

But we never delayed a Pandora because of the TV Out Cable - they have been sent seperately.

Wonderful news. How long do they take to produce/ship? Will they be in time for part of this next 1000? Or only the last 1000?

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but why the sudden change of heart? You had stated quite explicitly in the past that there was no way this was going to happen before the end of batch 1, since you were all far too busy.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but why the sudden change of heart? You had stated quite explicitly in the past that there was no way this was going to happen before the end of batch 1, since you were all far too busy.

I expect they are no longer "far too busy" since they have been in a wait state for a while now waiting for the nubs and boards.

I expect they are no longer "far too busy" since they have been in a wait state for a while now waiting for the nubs and boards.

That was just about one month ago. We're waiting on the same things now as we were then. In fact, the only thing that's changed is the last set of nubs were tested, approved, put on some boards, tested again, and approved again. Very little of that required input or time from OPT, since it was all out of their hands...

Last edited by a moderator:
As for controllers when playing with tv out, i'd imagine can use the wii remote via bluetooth on few of the emus like you can on iPhone

That was just about one month ago. We're waiting on the same things now as we were then. In fact, the only thing that's changed is the last set of nubs were tested, approved, put on some boards, tested again, and approved again. Very little of that required input or time from OPT, since it was all out of their hands...

We've been actively working on setting up and getting quotations for production from a new company for the boards, on WiFi and testing (that's why there were some new drivers released for testing), investigated WHERE some of the recent LCD cables break (which means including drawings where the stuff break so that we can find a company that can ensure that they won't break there anymore), etc.

We have to fix our first batch flaws first to ensure the unit ITSELF will be flawlessly working in the future.

Now we're getting new samples of the LCD cables from a different company (including technical documentation what they've done to prevent them from breaking), etc., nubs are finally working and in production, boards need to be finished and that's it for the moment.

It's not that we don't have anything to do.

I've worked about 6 hours for my normal company and 8 - 10 hours per day for the Pandora during the last 8 weeks or so.

Just doing a daily video takes about 1 - 6 hours per day (depending on how complex the video is, as you also need to prepare the things...)

Last edited:
We've been actively working on setting up and getting quotations for production from a new company for the boards, on WiFi and testing (that's why there were some new drivers released for testing), investigated WHERE some of the recent LCD cables break (which means including drawings where the stuff break so that we can find a company that can ensure that they won't break there anymore), etc.

We have to fix our first batch flaws first to ensure the unit ITSELF will be flawlessly working in the future.

Now we're getting new samples of the LCD cables from a different company (including technical documentation what they've done to prevent them from breaking), etc., nubs are finally working and in production, boards need to be finished and that's it for the moment.

It's not that we don't have anything to do.

I've worked about 6 hours for my normal company and 8 - 10 hours per day for the Pandora during the last 8 weeks or so.

Just doing a daily video takes about 1 - 6 hours per day (depending on how complex the video is, as you also need to prepare the things...)

Sorry, re-reading my my last post it came off as very harsh. I don't meant to say you're not busy, or that you're not doing anything. I'm sure the videos are very intensive, and that you've got lots of other stuff to do. I can only imagine the frustration associated with trying to find a new production company. But all of those were in progress before, and are still, now. You've maybe added a few things, but nothing that we've heard of is completed, other than the few I listed above (e.g. nubs). Hence why I'm confused that there's now suddenly all this time to be able to deal with the tv-out cables.

You should've seen the eMails and communicatioon logs between the team... I guess the last two months could easily fill 100 pages in a book.

It's not easy setting something up like the Pandora, it takes months for a normal company to calculate costs, source the parts and setup the production.

You should've seen the eMails and communicatioon logs between the team... I guess the last two months could easily fill 100 pages in a book.

It's not easy setting something up like the Pandora, it takes months for a normal company to calculate costs, source the parts and setup the production.

I believe Craig suggested writing a book, once this was all done.

But I'd be happy to read some of them, if you'd like to forward them along. :)

Not to rub it in (I think much of what you guys are doing is commendable), it's taken OPT a fair bit longer than "a few months" by now.

Not to rub it in (I think much of what you guys are doing is commendable), it's taken OPT a fair bit longer than "a few months" by now.

They should totally name the book "Two Months"

It's taken longer than a few month because OPT is not a well known, huge company.

When you're a big company, you have a set of suppliers and manufacturers you're used to work with, you know they won't screw you.

You can make prototypes quite easily and have a team of engineer, developers or whatever to optimize the product.

(even so, they frequently sell half-assed products, but that's not the topic here)

And, moreover, you have the financial backing to issue 5 digits orders easily.

Since OPT are new to this kind of business, the work is not that easy.

But I think they handled most of those issues pretty well… for a small "newbie" company.

My pre-order confirmation was sent 1 year and 11 days ago.

But I've never been angry at OPT because they're trying to make something that I would never though possible for such a small and geographically dispersed team.

Because they want to make it the best quality possible with they're limited funds.

I've always thought that first batchers would get "beta" version of the Pandora, but when reading/watching actual owners tests, we will get far better than that.

So please, stop the ranting, just wait and joke about it with everyone else
wink.gif

I don't know any companies, big or small, that can come up with a device like the Pandora in a few months. They all take many, many months and in reality years, since most products are based on the previous generation to some extent. They're just very secretive about things, then only announce them a few months before shipping, so it feels like that's how long it takes. It's not.

Back