Longer Than 2 Characters

evil_king

I understand completely about the fustration but the faqs need to be more prominently displayed. If I were to come to this website with no knoweledge of the ways of the gp32 world I would get flamed almost instantly. Either there needs to be a huge link to them on the front page or a searchable help database also clearly visible on the front page (although that would require a lot of work). Ok, lets put it this way. I'm a 'noob' looking for some gp32 warez and crackz and roms.

1) Search gp32 in google.
2) Find gp32x.de.
3) Look around the main page, standard stuff (nice website actually :D ).
4) Click discussion board. I'll get help in finding my warez in here for sure!
5) Look up and down the page. plenty of catagories. some mention of ports need source code. Hmmm I'm a 1337 super hacker. I'm not going to read the page in depth and see the notice about reading the faq and stickies. I'm going into general.
6) New topic about snes romz and psx emulators. Get flamed, get banned.

OK, people like that deserved to get banned (I think I overdid the 13 year old warez kiddie act :p ) but how about someone who is deserving? They're getting told to use the 'damn search funktion' over and over. Often the search 'funktion' will pull up many pages of irrelevant material. Who is going to sift through that when it's far easier to just start a new topic? I'm really not surprised at the type of posts here at gp32x.

EDIT: Son of a bitch!!!! wanted to post this in a different topic. (Damn, must have clicked the wrong button). message is still clear though.

Last edited by a moderator:
We already have a "There is no such thing as a stupid question" policy, but boys will be boys. That's why there are moderators :ph34r:

Really, the atmosphere here is FAR more tamer then it used to be. I remember people getting told "RTFM" about three times daily.

Oh, and there is a link to the GP32 FAQ on our front page, it's to the left, right under the Discussion Board link. It also says, "Please read this before posting" ;)

First thing I did was read the FAQ... sorted out most my problems. Second thing I did was to lurk for 2 weeks or so. Third thing I did was settle into the community... dont think Ive been flamed once :)

I kinda knew this. Also I didnt wanna look stupid, and I didnt :)... and I sorted my problem out (On the first day I spent about 5 hours trying to work out how to use PC-Link). Anyways I worked it out using the forums and stuff on my own. Anyways I dont see a problem with people asking, just in my case I didnt wanna make a fool of myself when the FAQ and Search buttons where available... These are usually in place and easy to find if you have used a forum before.

Back