Look Who Flew The Nest!

fusion_power said:
The colour correction is great but he also edited the LED lights and they don't match their real colour anymore. I recommend to leave these parts of the Image original or photoshop them back to their original colour, should be an easy task. :)

:)
I did leave them as the original elements (see the original here), except to reduce a teeny bit of blooming on the far right green one, as far as I could see none of the LEDs on the left were on, or they were washed out by the lighting. I considered 'shopping LEDs on to it, but thought that might be seen as a step too far! That, and I wasn't 100% sure what colours they were supposed to be, the renders and prototypes have varied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the First Customer Pandora. :)
You are a lucky man.
Looks great, cant weit to get mine.

I'm really hoping x68000 finds the time for more/better pics :D

I don't think anyone else will get theirs today, and we really are all presently living vicariously through the first few folks to get their hands on one...

Asmo said:
Hey, thanks again for the great work. I knew you were a forum member also, I just didn't have the time to go looking for you yesterday. Cheers.

no more posts from
x68k hmm suspicious.

hope he didnt get attacked for his pandora.

DroneB Dev said:
no more posts from
x68k hmm suspicious.

hope he didnt get attacked for his pandora.
Nope, but had a shitty few days elsewhere in my life. Barely had time to dabble with the Pandora, but recent events mean i'm going to have more time on my hands now.

The overall OS seems very stable, but Midori seems a little buggy and tends to close itself quite often. It does enter recovery mode next time you open it though. Will probably be fixed sooner than later. Pidgin works well and is stable. Typing in general is a complete breeze and feels really natural.

Emulation is at a very early stage so it's difficult to be critical here, but it won't take long until there are some killer emulators available (Notaz's Picodrive is shaping up very well and 32x may well be playable)

My overall impression is that the Pandora feels like a lot of Tech for the money, even if it is late to the market there's nothing out there remotely like it!

x68000 said:
Nope, but had a shitty few days elsewhere in my life. Barely had time to dabble with the Pandora, but recent events mean i'm going to have more time on my hands now.

This sounds like no good at all. Hope stuff works out for the better.

Midori, you say? Interesting. Last I heard, Arora was going to be the default. Maybe ED didn't get around to it, or maybe he changed his mind, or maybe I'm just not as up on happenings as I think I am. :)

Bummer about the "shitty few days". I'm glad they were shitty with a Pandora rather than without, at least. (Small - nay, tiny - mercies)

Thanks for sharing x68000 hope things get better for you :)

I'm also looking forward to 32X emulation Notaz's a emu god I'm sure the man can do it :)

I'm so excited, it's funny I'm getting excited about getting a damn tracking number I'm awaiting on hehe :p

Back