Looking For A 1st Edition Gp2x

The Master

Title says it all. I know full well that they're a wee bit wonky so not prepared to pay *too* much, plus it'd need shipping to Poland.

Still, worth a try. Anyone?

Yono posted on Dec 20 2006 at 02:26 AM said:
Why only 1st edition?

Pseudo-collector mentality I guess. I have a brand spanking new MK2 which goes everywhere with me, and want a 2nd unit to use primarily as a development machine at home. I'd just like something different to what I have, and since that means a MK1, I would prefer the "original" version first. I'll probably look for a "later" MK1 as well at some point too. Perhaps I'm a bit weird ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The MASTER posted on Dec 20 2006 at 11:16 AM said:
Why only 1st edition?

Pseudo-collector mentality I guess. I have a brand spanking new MK2 which goes everywhere with me, and want a 2nd unit to use primarily as a development machine at home. I'd just like something different to what I have, and since that means a MK1, I would prefer the "original" version first. I'll probably look for a "later" MK1 as well at some point too. Perhaps I'm a bit weird ;)

Everyone and is Uncle are selling out on GP2X and I can't blame them *awaits bashing from members, but so what!*

These consoles are VERY niche market, and appeal to a narrow band of geeks with GPL mindset. I love the whole philosophy but as for making it big time.... doubtful indeed. Give me a MacBook Pro ANY day of the week, a much better use of the £££.

Keep selling guys... soon the secondhand GP2X market will be flooded, and then their true value discovered!.

Sorry, but I had one, got bored and sold it. I have considerable experience in electronics manufacturing and also repair industries. The build quality is that of a cheap vacuum cleaner from 'Argos' and I am glad I sold the useless thing. I am sure it has uses, but they are yet to be discovered, and the designers REALLY should hire someone more experienced to tool up the mouldings - CRAPPPP!!!

linuxlover posted on Dec 20 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
Why only 1st edition?

Everyone and is Uncle are selling out on GP2X and I can't blame them *awaits bashing from members, but so what!*

These consoles are VERY niche market, and appeal to a narrow band of geeks with GPL mindset. I love the whole philosophy but as for making it big time.... doubtful indeed. Give me a MacBook Pro ANY day of the week, a much better use of the £££.

Keep selling guys... soon the secondhand GP2X market will be flooded, and then their true value discovered!.

Sorry, but I had one, got bored and sold it. I have considerable experience in electronics manufacturing and also repair industries. The build quality is that of a cheap vacuum cleaner from 'Argos' and I am glad I sold the useless thing. I am sure it has uses, but they are yet to be discovered, and the designers REALLY should hire someone more experienced to tool up the mouldings - CRAPPPP!!!

What the hell does that have to do with this topic, he is looking to buy not sell. You werent happy bad luck move on you dont need to be a member here and troll up the forums.

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 02:54 PM said:
linuxlover posted on Dec 20 2006 at 02:40 PM said:
Why only 1st edition?

What the hell does that have to do with this topic, he is looking to buy not sell. You werent happy bad luck move on you dont need to be a member here and troll up the forums.

Please do not be so rude, this is my personal opinion. Don't get wound up over it! :). They are not as good as they are made out to be - people should be aware of this, that is all. Geeeez :rolleyes: keep the wig on!

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
They are as good as everyone says, go buy your macbook pro and stop posting you troll.

I cannot avoid the fact that maybe you may interpret this individual post as an extension to a troll, but what your diminished intelligence probably has not enlightened you to, is the fact that *you* are making this post worse, by coming on, making dumb comments *about me* trolling, and hence trolling YOURSELF!!.

Grow up kids - steer back on course - this guy is TRYING to sell his hardware. Get a life and withhold your stupid empty comments please - let the man have a quick sale and a fast exit from this futile thread. I predict further "counter-troll", trolls, but then you haven't the intelligence to even *see* that is what you are doing yourselves, ALSO!.

Have a great day.... get some fresh air as I am gonna do!

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
linuxlover posted on Dec 20 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
this guy is TRYING to sell his hardware

You cant even read, HE IS TRYING TO BUY A FIRST EDITION!

My apologies - wrong thread.

Please do not make excessive use of caps, and do try and be polite. I started out trying to be helpful, and I certainly do NOT expect b*llsh*t backlash for my efforts. Maybe you misunderstood my intentions, but you are in no way in any position to disillusion yourself into thinking you can order me around. I was polite, and hence I expect the same in return!. :D Thanks in advance.

Iorgy77 posted on Dec 20 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
linuxlover posted on Dec 20 2006 at 03:19 PM said:
this guy is TRYING to sell his hardware

You cant even read, HE IS TRYING TO BUY A FIRST EDITION!

Ah the irony. The guy is so busy calling everyone else a "troll" with many "dumb comments" and references to the "diminished intelligence" of us "trolls" that he can't even read a fucking title of a thread. He comes here claiming to be "helpful" and ends up posting "stupid empty comments". It seems the he doesn't have "the intelligence to even *see*" what he is reading :p Must be the "build quality" of his brain ;)

This linuxloser guy has to be a joke, or maybe his rant is due to his "diminished intelligence" :rolleyes:

DaveC posted on Dec 20 2006 at 07:51 PM said:
Ah the irony. The guy is so busy calling everyone else a "troll" with many "dumb comments" and references to the "diminished intelligence" of us "trolls" that he can't even read a fucking title of a thread. He comes here claiming to be "helpful" and ends up posting "stupid empty comments". It seems the he doesn't have "the intelligence to even *see*" what he is reading :p Must be the "build quality" of his brain ;)

This linuxloser guy has to be a joke, or maybe his rant is due to his "diminished intelligence" :rolleyes:

This post made my day. :)

Draken posted on Dec 20 2006 at 07:54 PM said:

Carry on people - argue away about pointless things, on a forum based entirely around a badly made toy. Hey call me what you like - Im in hysterics!! :D

linuxlover posted on Dec 20 2006 at 11:20 PM said:

Carry on people - argue away about pointless things, on a forum based entirely around a badly made toy. Hey call me what you like - Im in hysterics!! :D

Despite that you don't like the gp2x, you've been very active in this topic. Just admit it man.........YOU lOVE THE GP2X...don't deny it, give in to your urges :D :p

D.C. posted on Dec 20 2006 at 10:36 PM said:
linuxlover posted on Dec 20 2006 at 11:20 PM said:

Despite that you don't like the gp2x, you've been very active in this topic. Just admit it man.........YOU lOVE THE GP2X...don't deny it, give in to your urges :D :p

He doesn't love the GP2X, it is just his latent homosexual tendencies comming through. He just likes talking to us guys.

Is this guy like Bi-Polar? Or schizophrenic?

I can't quite put my finger on it, but he seems to have some sort of mental disability. And I'm quite serious here, no joking at all.

BACK ON TOPIC GUYS,

i think you chaps did a good job of defending................ honor, passion and pride and all that :)
now back onto mk1
next person to wade in though will get a nice, moderator approves all post before posting thingy.

i might know somone ill pm them and letcha know!

I have a few first edition models that i'm going to get rid of shortly on Ebay. Let me know your offer and i'll get back to you. These units were defective units that were repaired by Gamepark Holdings.

Hey, I have a first edition that I'm looking to sell off. I just don't have the time for it anymore and I need to money in all honesty (darn college expense). Just e-mail me if you're still looking at "andejp12 at gmail dot com". I have the case, video out, screen protector, and box that go with it too.

Back