Looking for a Top 10 and/or recommended games

lizard808uk

Child of the 80s
Website
Visit site
So far I have heard nothing but good things about the emulators for these old computers. But back in the day I wasnt part of it, (was more on the Sega side of the fence). Anyway, I'm looking for a Top 10 and/or a list of recommended games for both machines that work well on GP32. Anyone got any ideas? Help is much appreciated.

Also what are the graphics like, I guess I'm assuming that since the ST was 16 bit then they are similar to Genesis/Megadrive. MSX have no clue about, but am reading through Google - heard that Konami were big on them (again, my knowledge is limited).

Atari ST

Sim City
Dungeon Master
Super Hang On
Switchblade
Stunt Car Racer
Vroom (anyone got a working version of this on Castaway?)
Monkey Island
SuperCars

Hello lizard808uk,

More on the MSX. I have fMSX on the Amiga, and it emulates it very well. So i am in a position to tell you that the MSX is an awesome machine! :) MSX2 even better. MSX is a very Japenese influenced machine, like the PC Engine. Anyway, best games for MSX are:

Metal Gear 1 and 2 (MSX2)
Super Deform Snatcher (MSX2)
The Snatcher (MSX2)
Konami Tennis (MSX)
Konami Football (MSX)
Pennant Race 1 and 2 (MSX2)
1942 (MSX 1 and 2)
Outrun (MSX2 is much better)
Pacman (MSX)
Penguin Adventure (MSX)
Hyper Rally (MSX)
F1 Spirit (MSX)

The list goes on! Have a look on MSX Direct. :) Have you also tried the PC Engine? That is very good also.

Regards,

Awesome. Thank you everybody. The GP32 has given me the ability to branch out from the more mainstream games machines. Travelling to work has never been so much fun :)

Awesome. Thank you everybody. The GP32 has given me the ability to branch out from the more mainstream games machines. Travelling to work has never been so much fun  :)
lol :) Can't wait until i get mine.

-EDIT-

Sorry, forgot to mention, the MSX is sort of like an 8-Bit PC Engine (sort of). So i would think the GP32 would have no problem in emulating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently got into PC engine and NES (I was in a one console family for a long time). I like Columns, Chase HQ, Ninja Spirit, Ninja Warriors, Gunhed

I like the fact that where one game doesnt work with one emulator, it's bound to work somewhere else.

E.g. Speedball 2, I had on Genesis, but will now get for ST.

Also Jackie Chan Adventures for NES (doesnt work on PC Engine)

Oh! How i wish that an Amiga emulator would appear on the GP32, that would be truly amazing, a portable Amiga! :) I know Speedball 2 came out on Atari ST, but the Amiga version runs it to the ground! Speedball 2, one of the best games ever by the way.

Cheers,

Hello lizard808uk,

More on the MSX. I have fMSX on the Amiga, and it emulates it very well. So i am in a position to tell you that the MSX is an awesome machine! :) MSX2 even better. MSX is a very Japenese influenced machine, like the PC Engine. Anyway, best games for MSX are:

Metal Gear 1 and 2 (MSX2)
Super Deform Snatcher (MSX2)
The Snatcher (MSX2)
Konami Tennis (MSX)
Konami Football (MSX)
Pennant Race 1 and 2 (MSX2)
1942 (MSX 1 and 2)
Outrun (MSX2 is much better)
Pacman (MSX)
Penguin Adventure (MSX)
Hyper Rally (MSX)
F1 Spirit (MSX)

The list goes on! Have a look on MSX Direct. :) Have you also tried the PC Engine? That is very good also.

Regards,
you forgot:
------------------------------------------------------------
Ys 1 (rpg) (msx2) disk
Ys 2 (rpg) (msx2) 2 disks
Hylide 1 (rpg) (msx)
Hylide 2 (rpg) (msx)
Hylide 3 (rpg) (msx/msx2)
Salamander (msx2) whit scc sound:p
Nemesis 1 (msx)
Nemesis 2 (msx2) whit scc sound :p
Nemesis 3 (msx2) Wht scc sound :p