You're Top Ten Roms

abertalia

Website
Visit site
Hi, right now I am trying to get the most out of my gp2x (emulation) and if any of you could post up your top 10 games for:

Mame

Sega Megadrive

Super Nintendo

Neo geo

and Commodore64

Thanks...And don't worry, I'm not asking for any rom links...just want to know what games I should put on the SD card.
icon3.gif

And yeah If you like only play one of those game machines I still would like to know you're top 10 for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mame - Tempest, Time Pilot '84

Sega Megadrive -
Kid Chameleon

Super Nintendo -
E.V.O., Donkey Kong Country

Neo geo -
Neo Turf Masters

and Commodore64 -
M.U.L.E.

Mame- Tapper, lunar lander

Megadrive- Road Rash 3, streets of rage 3, Earthworm Jim

Super Nintendo- Pilotwings, Kawasaki Super Bike Challenge, Super Mario All Stars

Neo geo- Metal Slug X, Nam 1975

yep... it seems perfect for me, however if your crazy like davec and it must be absolutely perfect then you should overclock to 240mhz.

Mame (these are cps1/2 games)

captain commando
final fight

Sega Megadrive

bonanza bros (this is from amiga)
cannon fodder (amiga too)
streets of rage 2 (this is just like the capcom arcade games)
road rash 1 / 2 /3
ranger x (dont know why i like this, its strangely entertaining)
empire of steel (another weird game reminds me of neo geo scrolling shooters)
chaos engine (yay another amiga one)
sonic (this is always playable but id choose other games over it)
most of the strike games (jungle/desert/urban)

Super Nintendo

bomber man
mario all stars
tetris attack
street fighter/s
(must be more but my mind is a blank)

Neo geo

metal slugs
KOF games
bubble bobble (imo this is the best version of this game)
viewpoint

must be more games i like on each system and sry theres more than 10 here

nes
castlevania 3
mario :p

snes
desert strike
killer instinct
castlevania - dracula x
blackthorne
super mario kart

gameboy
pokemon red/blue
mario and yoshi (just "yoshi" in usa)
kirby's star stacker

mega drive
micro machines 2
ghouls & ghosts
outrun

mame
star wars
super puzzle fighter (cps2)

I don't have a Top Ten list yet but here's what I found enjoyable so far:

SNES - Front Mission I - fan-translated
SNES - Shin Megami Tensei - Fan-translated
Sega MD - Shadowrun
Sega MD - Starflight

~gates

SNES: Chrono Trigger, FFIV, FFVI, New Horizons, Romance Of The Three Kindoms IV

GENESIS/MEGA DRIVE: Shining Force, Phantasy Star II

GBA: Final Fantasy Dawn of Souls, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy V

MAME: Knights Of The Round

NEOGEO: Samurai Shodown 2 & 4, Puzzle Bobble I & II

C64: Lords Of Conquest, Ghostbusters, Tempi Of Apshi Trilogy, Skate or Die

MAME:

Donkey Kong 3 (US)
It's unlike the other games in that it's really more of a shooter/platformer but it's quite good.

River Patrol (bootleg)
Navigate up the river and rescue the people! Simple graphics but great fun!

Psycho-Nics Oscar (US)
Armoured solider platform with weapon upgrades. If you like Turrican you will love this.

Son Son
Another odd combination of platform and shooter. It's an earlier Capcom game so you can't go wrong!

EDIT: spelling of one of the games

Shifty said:
Mame

Sega Megadrive

Super Nintendo

Neo geo

and Commodore64

Lesee:

MAME: Final Fight (Haggard fuckin' OWNS), Street Fighter 2 Turbo (and/or SSF2 TURBO), Splatter House, Alien VS Predator (IMO Capcom's greatet beat 'em up), either Mortal Kombat 2 or 3 (depends on preference), Any Strikers 1945 game, if the button config works definitely get Smash TV, The Punisher (capcom Beat 'em up), Gradius 3, and Gemini Wings. Any other Capcom fighter comes to mind as well.

Sega: Sonic series, Splatterhouse 2 & 3, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Gunstar Heroes, Earthworm Jim, Comix Zone, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Yu Yu Hakusho (Made by Treasure, best fighter on the Genesis easily), and Contra: Hard Corps.

SNES: Contra 3, Spawn, Pocky & Rocky, Super Punch Out, R-Type, Super Mario All Stars, Super Metroid, Super Castlevania 4, Clocktower (you can find it translated), and Demon's Crest.

Neo Geo: Metal Slug 3, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, King Of Fighters 2003, Last Blade 2, Matrimelee, Shock Troopers, SVC Chaos, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Samurai Shodown 1 & 2.

Not a fan of the Commodore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Commodre 64: Paradroid, The Last Ninja Series, Great Giana Sisters

SNES: Zelda, Harvest Moon, Super Mario Brothers, Yoshi's Ilsand, Zool, Secret of Mana

NEOGEO: Metalslug

MAME: Bubble Bobble, Wonderboy, Gyruss

Only got my gp2x recently and haven't had as much time as I would like, to play with it. But yo gotta love how you can play all your old favs without having to mess around with your firmware like all my friends with there psp's do.

Mame:
Mars Matrix, Giga Wing, Blazing Star, DoDonpachi, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Strikers 1945 Plus, Tetris - The Grand Master

Sega Megadrive:
Gunstar Heroes, Wonderboy in Monsterland, Phantasy Star IV, Sonic 2, Sonic, EA HOCKEY, NHL 94, NHL '96

Super Nintendo:
Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy IV, The Legend of Zelda: a link to the past, Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 2, Donkey Kong Country 3.

Neo Geo:
Metal Slug, Metal Slug X, SNK vs Capcom: Chaos, Sonic Wings 2, Viewpoint, Last Resort, Andro Dunos, Bubble Bobble

Commodore64:
Paperboy, Lemmings, Giana Sisters

Mame - championship sprint, penguin wars thing, marvel vs capcom, darkstalkers

megadrive - streets of rage 1, sonic, chaos general, jurassic park, lion king, fifa 96, nhl 93, earthworm jim, worms, lemmings, road rash

super nintendo - super mario world (never owned a snes)

neo geo - metal slugs, this "pong" like game, dunno name

nes - mario bros 1-3, mario and yoshi, dr mario,

gameboy - boulder dash, zelda links awakening (and link gets laid hacked rom), tetris

Back