Roms

rundmb78

Still Fresh
How can you tell if a rom set is worth downloading? I have 4gb of neo geo roms that mostly don't work (the settings are right).

The question really is... How would you know whether to download or not? is it pot luck?
I mean constantly downloading roms and hoping for the best is tiresome.

snes, sega etc this problem doesn't seem relevant.

i mean arcade/cps/snk

also i noticed amiga games not working (lemmings, beast1)

any info would be cool

There's no easy way to tell as far as I can see... plus it's not only the different rom sets you use but the emulators too. I tried to get several Neo-Geo games running in gngeo with no luck whatsoever, but that's just me, I use Final Burn Alpha now.

I tried Metal Slug as my test rom, it's a relatively small simple game I figured shouldn't have any problems with it and it worked in MAME so I knew it was a good rom set but it wouldn't work in either gngeo or Final Burn Alpha, so I downloaded the rom from another source and sure enough it worked in Final Burn Alpha but still not gngeo so it is very weird and tiresome process but as far as I know, it is what it is.

Hopefully someone with more experience has a better way because this has always frustrated me too.

i put Gngeo, Mame and Final burn all in the same folder Accessing the same roms folder. Still the roms are a mess in each emulator. couple work here a few there. Its pretty retarded. Anyone know how to get a good set of neo geo roms working without having to use 3 emulators?

Back