New Gaming Handheld in the works---Pascal.

I just want to clear up some confusion about something: Pascal is the name of many things, but not this handheld.  This is called the Pascali.
Tomato, Tomatoe. I think it's called Pascal but I've seen numerous names bandied. Price from what I've read will be around $250-ish.

https://www.facebook.com/RoseColoredGaming/photos/a.442965339106526.98647.439958769407183/781130535290003/?type=1

Here's a pic with the "shoulder" buttons: https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10245451_783163748420015_1704652010307138369_n.jpg?oh=a622b790a2a937072ae5105d32f7b206&oe=557F98C4

Curious how you get to the main menu?

According to the people behind it they are testing stuff for the "Pascali".  This comes straight from the source.  The only times I have seen the "Pascal" name tossed around are in one picture from them, and in a bunch of third party articles.  What most of those articles ignore is that there is another image that calls it "Prospero" which leads me to believe that these names are for those particular color variations, as RCG also does with the handhelds they modify.

According to the people behind it they are testing stuff for the "Pascali".  This comes straight from the source.  The only times I have seen the "Pascal" name tossed around are in one picture from them, and in a bunch of third party articles.  What most of those articles ignore is that there is another image that calls it "Prospero" which leads me to believe that these names are for those particular color variations, as RCG also does with the handhelds they modify.
Yeah I think they are names for the different unreleased pre-production models. Pascal, Pascali, and Prospero are the trio that have been tossed around. Out of those three, I like Pascal the most. Would love to know more about it though.  :)

Are ther obvious differences beyond their appearance I am missing?
Not from the pictures but there are probably features specific to each. How "tricked out" each will be with the case lighting for example. I'd prefer a plain, unshowy design and color myself.

Are you 100% certain that Justin isn't Craig? :p

(I'm not sure who I'm insulting here)
I know Justin and talk with him on occasion (about things unrelated to the zero). To my knowledge the Zero is still in production, but his personal life (lots of issues) has been taking front stage over his promises.

It's unfortunate, and especially when he has been fronted money for a promise he's not fulfilling. Does kinda have the same tendencies as craig, just without the intentional deception and trying to turn a quick buck.

He honestly just needs a better manager of the project. If I lived closer I'd surely help, but it's just slightly outside of "weekend trip" distance for me.

it's sad, cause the GCW0 is great... trough since I got a pandora I don't use it anymore unfortunately...

I know Justin and talk with him on occasion (about things unrelated to the zero). To my knowledge the Zero is still in production, but his personal life (lots of issues) has been taking front stage over his promises.

It's unfortunate, and especially when he has been fronted money for a promise he's not fulfilling. Does kinda have the same tendencies as craig, just without the intentional deception and trying to turn a quick buck.

He honestly just needs a better manager of the project. If I lived closer I'd surely help, but it's just slightly outside of "weekend trip" distance for me.
It would not bother me when he would be a little more honest and say he can't ship at the moment.

I hate false promises.

That's the point. I don't see anything a GCW0 or that new device can do that a Pandora cannot...
It's really down to price point. Or maybe aesthetics for some.

This is already filling a niche for people who don't want to settle for using an Android handheld for emulation. Sure, a lot of them suck, but AFAIK there are some decent ones in the pile.

Yeah, I agree. The GCW0 has a nice price. But that new thingy looks the same price as a CC model, so not sure.

I agree with the Android consoles. I'm sure there are a few good one, but most are not that good...

I have both a Pandora and a GCW-Zero from the Kickstarter, but i always prefer to use the Pandora.

The Dpad on the Zero is really not that good as the Pandora one IMHO...it's hard to detect one direction (usually left or down) that i need to press twice to be able to move in menu.

I enjoyed much the Caanoo and the GP2X-F200 that i bought years ago than the Zero.

You can buy a CC model Pandora for ~$250? Where, eBay?
Those are the ones in a condition similar to how B.O.B. looked in the movie The Black Hole. 
I don't think I have seen that movie and was considering watching it the other day.  Is it any good?
Oh I love it. It's corny and cheesy but it's a classic, like Krull.

Vincent's dialogue and Maximilian's menacing presence are so worth your time.  :)

The Dpad on the Zero is really not that good as the Pandora one IMHO
Mine is squeeky and used to get stuck, pandora's DPad is definitely better, but now the one from my GCW0 is not that bad... much better than any on screen control for those who might still wonder why someone could prefer these kind of device over a phone... I don't own many consoles, but to me the GCW0 is second only to the pandora actually for retro emulation...

It would not bother me when he would be a little more honest and say he can't ship at the moment.

I hate false promises.
Yea me too. We are/were working on another unrelated project and I'm not holding my breath. I mean it would be awesome if he comes through on his end, but given all the examples of where he hasn't....

He does have great ideas, ambition, and resources to turn those ideas into reality. Something I couldn't imagine myself ever being able to do (esp the risk involved). I got cool ideas too, and I guess that's why I'm drawn to him.

But yea, he'll come through on those orders once he gets everything sorted or finds some additional competent help I'm sure. He's not in as bad a situation as craig, (good full time job & hasn't quite lost his mind etc)

Hang in there guys.

Back