Neo Geo Help

MiOdd

Website
Visit site
I need Neo Geo help! :(

So I would very much like to play a variety of Neo Geo games on my Wiz, I tried using GnGeo and Final Burn Alpha with no luck. I'm using Metal Slug as my test basis because I know its a good rom because it works in Mame4All, but that emulator is pretty limited to what Neo Geo roms work so I really want to learn how to use either GnGeo or Final Burn Alpha properly.

So anyways, whenever I load mslug.zip in either emulator this is what I get (sorry for the crude pic)

mslug.jpg

The game sounds like it is running normal but the graphics are all jumbled up and weird, I tried using the dumpgfx tool for GnGeo and the cache tool for FBA but neither made a difference.

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

MiOdd said:
I need Neo Geo help! :(

So I would very much like to play a variety of Neo Geo games on my Wiz, I tried using GnGeo and Final Burn Alpha with no luck. I'm using Metal Slug as my test basis because I know its a good rom because it works in Mame4All, but that emulator is pretty limited to what Neo Geo roms work so I really want to learn how to use either GnGeo or Final Burn Alpha properly.

So anyways, whenever I load mslug.zip in either emulator this is what I get (sorry for the crude pic)

mslug.jpg

The game sounds like it is running normal but the graphics are all jumbled up and weird, I tried using the dumpgfx tool for GnGeo and the cache tool for FBA but neither made a difference.

Anybody have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
sorry no idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
For GnGeo you shouldn't need to use the dumpgfx for Metal Slug 1. It runs fine for me in GnGeo. Try to find another romset. Look in the romsrc file to check the mslug.zip file. The crc's could be wrong on the graphics files which is why you are getting garbled graphics. Sites to avoid for roms should be rom-world. They are quite old and not updated on that site. There's plenty of others out there. I won't link but a site called planetemu would be your best bet.

geise69 said:
For GnGeo you shouldn't need to use the dumpgfx for Metal Slug 1. It runs fine for me in GnGeo. Try to find another romset. Look in the romsrc file to check the mslug.zip file. The crc's could be wrong on the graphics files which is why you are getting garbled graphics. Sites to avoid for roms should be rom-world. They are quite old and not updated on that site. There's plenty of others out there. I won't link but a site called planetemu would be your best bet.

Thanks, I'm still getting nowhere though, I know the romset I'm using is good because it works on Mame but I did try other sets as well and was met with similar results. I opened up the mslug.rc file but I'm not sure what I'm looking for... all the files in the rc file match what is in the zip file, so I'm assuming its okay. Also, I went to planetemu and I got a 404 error whenever I tried to download something so I can't test their romset but they do list the contents of each download and there's twice as many files in there, is that all I'm missing? because the emulator makes no mention of those extra files I'm seeing.

Scratch that... I guess it was just a picky romset. I downloaded another set from romnation and it works nicely in Final Burn... still doesn't load in GnGeo though, but thats okay, Final Burn works great so I'm happy. =)

mike88 said:
sorry no idea!

Then why the hell did you respond to this thread? If you don't know the answer to a post then simply don't post, if everyone posted "Sorry, I don't know" to every question on the forum we'd have mayhem.

Back